Thin speaker cables

nsr1200

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 speaker cable, biwired. I have 4 metres per channel connected up to my amplifier but I am getting a little hassle as the cable is a little unsightly and thick in diameter. Due to the constraints of my living room dropping the cables under the floorboards is not practical so I'm in the market for a good thin cable so I can hide it a bit better. I want to limit myself to about £5 per metre, or as close to that as possible. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly received.

Thanks all

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Be careful any new speaker wire has thick enough cooper for the 4m run. There is a table on wikipedia under "speaker wire" which gives specification required compared to length.

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
nsr1200 said:
I am currently using Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 speaker cable, biwired. I have 4 metres per channel connected up to my amplifier but I am getting a little hassle as the cable is a little unsightly and thick in diameter. Due to the constraints of my living room dropping the cables under the floorboards is not practical so I'm in the market for a good thin cable so I can hide it a bit better. I want to limit myself to about £5 per metre, or as close to that as possible. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly received.

Thanks all

You could just buy 10m of 1,5mm2 of copper wire at your general tech-store and you're fine. The resistance is more than low enough (you can verify that with the wikipage already suggested above) and the cable is relative thin. Should cost you about a pound sterling/meter.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
When I used to have a Q Acoustics 5.1 system I used Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 for the front speakers and the thinner Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 for the rear speakers. I didn't notice any difference in the sound between them even though the 200's were much longer (about 7 metres).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts