The upgrade itch will need scratched soon...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay, so that time has come around again when I'm thinking about upgrading my system. I have a Marantz CD6000 OSE KI signature player, Sony TAF940 amp powering Mission 780's with Chord Odyssey cables and Van Den Hul D102 III Eichmann Bullet terminated interconnects. I'm going to replace every component and will set a budget of about £1000 for each. I like classic rock like the Stones, Dylan, the Beatles and modern rock like Radiohead, The Killers, Ryan Adams, Muse and Flaming Lips, and various types of music in-between but primarily rock. I've had my eye on the Marantz SA-15S1 player and matching PM-15S1 amp for a few years now as I like the Marantz sound and have a few albums on a dual SACD disc and want to hear what that difference in SACD sound is like. It's the speakers I need some assistance with. I live for detail and clarity have shortlisted the ATC SCM19's, the B&W 805s's and the Totem Model 1 Signature's. Could anyone offer any opinions on these speakers, these potential combinations, and any other suggestions that might fit my tastes and requirements? Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Is that 1000 pounds a speaker or per pair? I'm guessing the former, given your current shortlist. I'd like to recommend Dynaudio speakers, good synergy with Marantz components, and a sound you strive for: detail and clarity. The Focus 140's might be a good choice, or maybe the Contour S1.4 depending on how much you're willing to spend. The new KEF XQ range is also stunning, the XQ20 could be right up your alley. Demo as much as possible, there's alot in your pricebracket, quite a lot of stuff you could potentially love and hate.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I'm willing to spend more on speakers, up to or just over the £1500 mark, hence the models I mentioned :eek:)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I haven't heard the ATC but the other 2 speakers are great. I really like Totem smoothness and superb treble while 805s can be a touch forward if partner wrongly (Marantz combo should gel well with them though) You do have a good taste mate and I am sure both pair would make you very happy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Thaiman.

Anyone else have any recommendations, opinions, experience with the ATC's?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts