The ultimate X-mas movie

A

Anonymous

Glad you said that.I once seen a colourised version of Laurel and Hardy and it was Just plain wrong! Sounds like another one for the x-mas list.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I'd say 'It's A Wonderful Life' is maybe the best too ... brilliant cast and brilliant acting as well and I still get a lump in my throught at the end when they all come to the rescue.

'The Bishop's Wife' is good fun as well ... Cary Grant Loretta Young and David Niven do well... the ice-skating is a great scene especially when you see the 'look' on the taxi-driver's face lol

I wouldn't want to watch either of the two movies colourized though.

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry but Scrooged is THE ultimate Christmas movie...FACT!

A

Anonymous

What about Elf? The best snowball fight ever, or maybe National Lamppons Christmas Vacation. Shows that B & O build quality is no match against a chunk of ice.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I quite favoured A Christmas Story or ahem Home Alone

main.jpg

A

Anonymous

Apart from maybe Scrooged none of the films mentioned above even come close to "Its a Wonderful Life" Wheres the lump in the throat or out and out tears when watching elf, polar express or die hard. All great films, Die hard is one of my favourite films but not for that xmas feeling!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kaotician:You're all wrong - it's obviously...

The Muppet Christmas Carol*?

Gremlins!!

Oh.

I preferred my version...

*and yes, even with frogs and pigs, the bit with Tiny Tim still brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye and it was only November. Fair play to Michael Caine he plays those bits absolutely straight.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
jlack:I'm sorry but Scrooged is THE ultimate Christmas movie...FACT!

Won't get any argument from me...

But you will from me. Unless of course that's a typo, for 'Scrooge' is the ultimate Christmas film, Alastair Sim was rarely finer. Again though just avoid the hideous Crayola version that channel Five always show.

Jimmy Stewart and The Muppets do run it close though.

A

Anonymous

"Bad Santa"!

Not what I expected at all the first time I watched that...

Although for a 'kiddies' Christmas film "Elf" is right up there!

"Call me Elf ONE MORE TIME!"

"He's an angry elf."

A

Anonymous

jlack:I'm sorry but Scrooged is THE ultimate Christmas movie...FACT!

I agree totally, I have been searching for this on sky, I believe the first showing is on Christmas eve, can't wait, pure genius!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts