The Ultimate Subwoofer Company

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

have any if you checked out the offerings from the brand new British based Ultimate Subwoofer Co?

Incredible subs for fantastic money.

They have just developed a 15" 3000W single sub,a dual 15" 6000W sub and are about to finish an 18" 3000W sub. All of these subs run iNuke power amps so they don't have inbuilt plate amps which brings the cost to the consumer down. The finish of these subs is high end,from basic black to various furniture grade wood finishes.

I have demoed several of these now and all I can say is WOW. Absolutely awesome. The single 15 comes in at about £1595. It easily beats or matches anything out there up to £2.5k+.

The subs are out there for home trial at the moment and I will be putting one against my Paradigm Studio Sub15.

USC will also custom design any sub to your exacting requirements. At the moment they have the Octo sub stack on demo consisting of 8 x 18" 6000W subs. It literally pulverised my innards. They are absolutely fantastic with music too.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
None at all. I wish I had a comercial interest though ha ha

No the USC is being set up by a company called Gecko, they were the first home cinema company in the UK 20 years ago.

I bought my first AV gear from Gecko (Zebra),17 years ago and recently purchased my MK speakers from them, now Gecko Home Cinema,hence found out about what they are doing.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
This is one reason that I rarely post on these forums these days. :wall:

I just thought that some WHF forum members may be interested in these new subs! :poke:

I am a fire fighter, I don't work in the AV industry.I have been seriously into home cinema for over 17 years now. The only connection I have to Gecko is me spending my money with them for many years. :shame:

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It is just DIY subs built by 1 guy who has about as much knoweldge of building subs as Bob the Builder, No seriously I would not touch them with a barge pole lads trust me :shame:

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
recruit said:
It is just DIY subs built by 1 guy who has about as much knoweldge of building subs as Bob the Builder, No seriously I would not touch them with a barge pole lads trust me :shame:

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. You have not heard them. I suggest you take a trip to Gecko home cinema.

They certainly are not DIY. Yes 1 guy designs them,(Dan as you already know), a second guy who is an acoustical engineer perfects the design and a third guy who is a cabinet maker builds them!

Anyway god forbid I post a link in case I get a tirade of accusations,but for those interested contact Rob/Steve at Gecko home cinema.

I've been on this forum long enough for many of you to know I have no vested interest. Just great subs at a great price. Do I own one? No, I have my Sub15,but I will be trialing one as I was so impressed with them.

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ric71 said:
recruit said:

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. You have not heard them. I suggest you take a trip to Gecko home cinema.

They certainly are not DIY. Yes 1 guy designs them,(Dan as you already know), a second guy who is an acoustical engineer perfects the design and a third guy who is a cabinet maker builds them!

Anyway god forbid I post a link in case I get a tirade of accusations,but for those interested contact Rob/Steve at Gecko home cinema.

I've been on this forum long enough for many of you to know I have no vested interest. Just great subs at a great price. Do I own one? No, I have my Sub15,but I will be trialing one as I was so impressed with them.

Rich - and you are that much of a fool that you get taken in by Rob and his merry men that it just another one of his many schemes, he bloody has so many of you over at AVForums in his pocket :shame:

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I reply only for the sake of fairness. I have no interest in subs and probably more in scams. Two opposing opinions when some here would appreciate a heads up but equaly we should all be aware of scams in any area. That damned woman was on the phone again yesterday wishing to help me clear some really bad computer viruses. Sadly only kept her talking for 10 mins before she told me to FO. On the one hand it is unfair to critisise a small & maybe new or developing company if they are indeed offering a decent service but where critisism is valid IMO it must be supported by some reasonable evidence/experience. Maybe clarification would be welcome but for now I will tuck into my bacon & egg. Cheers

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I am all for people having a fair crack at the whip but the trouble with the people running this businness is that they do not like to play fair, and I would much rather warn people and let decent companies like Frank Harvey's or other well known stores by fellow people get your money rather than those titled in the Heading of the thread!!

Sliced Bread

recruit said:
I am all for people having a fair crack at the whip but the trouble with the people running this businness is that they do not like to play fair, and I would much rather warn people and let decent companies like Frank Harvey's or other well known stores by fellow people get your money rather than those titled in the Heading of the thread!!
What do you mean by not play fair?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
AVforum is interesting. I think I know which side of the fence I now sit but those interested in a new sub will need to investigate further and make up their own minds This forum has exposed 'fakes' before and it has also helped to promote innovative products. Time will tell. Cheers

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Well the AVForums part is a bit of a scam is what I meant, as they seem to have a lot of the people in there pocket to hype the products up and therefore make it seem impressive, and therefore people are getting dragged into a product that they really do not know too muchg about!

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
OK guys I have warned you but let me digress as I do not want to upset too many people, I am just telling you as it is...trust me ;)

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm gob smacked at the allegations made on here. I have dealt with Gecko for 17 years now.

I have had many high end systems from them and OTHER retailers,in particular the HCC.

How is this a scam? I have seen, heard and played with the USC subs for many many hours.

Recruit you have a personal issue with Rob and Gecko so I would suggest you keep those feelings to yourself. No offence meant BTW.

I have also dealt with and spoken with David at Frank Harvey. We have our different opinions on equipment but he is a top guy with great products.

Gecko have designed the MK Sound website as they are the sole importer of MK Sound just as they were with the old M&K Sound products.

I wouldn't normally get on my soap box but misinformation due to personal feelings is wrong!

I will sing Gecko's praises and defend them as I have had dealings with them and Rob for 17 years. What they are now doing with subs is a fantastic idea. I would also praise Nick and Dan at the Home Cinema Centre. Wonderful company.

So maybe I should not have purchased my MK S150MKII's from Gecko then? Damn fine speakers that will outperform most out there. OMG they are not KK's sacrilege,what I have I done?Rob has brainwashed me again. I must stop spending my hard earnt money with him.

Seriously guys come on!

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ric71 said:
I'm gob smacked at the allegations made on here. I have dealt with Gecko for 17 years now.

I have had many high end systems from them and OTHER retailers,in particular the HCC.

How is this a scam? I have seen, heard and played with the USC subs for many many hours.

Recruit you have a personal issue with Rob and Gecko so I would suggest you keep those feelings to yourself. No offence meant BTW.

I have also dealt with and spoken with David at Frank Harvey. We have our different opinions on equipment but he is a top guy with great products.

Gecko have designed the MK Sound website as they are the sole importer of MK Sound just as they were with the old M&K Sound products.

I wouldn't normally get on my soap box but misinformation due to personal feelings is wrong!

I will sing Gecko's praises and defend them as I have had dealings with them and Rob for 17 years. What they are now doing with subs is a fantastic idea. I would also praise Nick and Dan at the Home Cinema Centre. Wonderful company.

So maybe I should not have purchased my MK S150MKII's from Gecko then? Damn fine speakers that will outperform most out there. OMG they are not KK's sacrilege,what I have I done?Rob has brainwashed me again. I must stop spending my hard earnt money with him.

Seriously guys come on!

Rich - I dont have any personal issues with Rob or Gecko, I just don't like to see the sort of rubbish that has been going on at AVForums lately and then you try and bring over onto other forums, seriously mate I have bought stuff many years ago from Gecko through other retailers seeing as Gecko is a distributor, but after the recent goings on I think its better people have other opinions dont you !?!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Can we all be careful about making seemingly unsubstantiated and potentially defamatory allegations, and please let's not bring argument from other forums here. Thanks.

Sliced Bread

recruit said:
Well the AVForums part is a bit of a scam is what I meant, as they seem to have a lot of the people in there pocket to hype the products up and therefore make it seem impressive, and therefore people are getting dragged into a product that they really do not know too muchg about!
I think this is just a language thing.

The word "scam" is quite liablous and probably not correct in this context. If they were taking your money and not delviering a product then it would be a "scam".

Maybe it's better to say that you don't have any confidence in the references.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

recruit said:
OK guys I have warned you but let me digress as I do not want to upset too many people, I am just telling you as it is...trust me ;)

No, you aren't, you're telling it as you THINK it is, there's a difference. If you have credible evidence that the people involved with USC are perpetrating a fraud or even just not providing very good customer service, then let's hear it. If it's simply because you don't like the way people are hyping them up on another forum then that's an entirely different kettle of fish and your comments are potentially libellous, so I'd be very careful about what you're saying.

Note: I have no connection with anyone mentioned in this thread or read any of the comments on AVForums. I haven't even visited AVForums in about three years...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts