The Ultimate Speakers for Marantz PM6003 Amp

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone

The Ultimate Speakers for Marantz PM6003 Amp

My brand new Marantz PM6003 has arrived some days back (with a little help from friends). I would like to thank all those who recommended it over other Amps in the same price range.

Now I have to buy the Speakers. Once again I need your advice. Which would be the ultimate pair of Speakers (up to around £300 -350) to match with this Amp to get the best performance from the combination? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the usual suspects will be named, so I'll leave that to people more current than me. But once upon a time Marantz made decent speakers, which didn't always get the reviewers attention, but they did tend to sing very well with their partnering amps. I've come close to swapping my ones out of the system on a couple of occasions, only for them to do some pretty amazing things in order to stay put. In the end I just figured 'live and let live', and am still enjoying them a quarter of a century later. They still have the ability to surprise and shock. If you ever find a pair of these 'golden oldies' in good condition, give them a whirl!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't this covered on another thread?

If it's stamdmounts you want, from personal experience with similar Marantz amplification (6002 & 7001) the Quad 12L2's are excellent. You can pick them up new for £350.00, and I notice there's a couple of used pairs available from Lintone Audio on Ebay (that's who I bought mine off a couple of years back). Look stunning too.

I'm sure the other speakers already mentioned are are good but I'm just commenting on my own experience.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
When I was looking at the next level up from the typical £250 "budget" range last year, I soon realised that I'd be looking at the £400 bracket so here are the three I'll throw in to the ring if you feel you can stretch your budget a bit. AVI Neutron V: These are what I'd settled on until I came across.... Focal 706V: Got these for an unbelievable £250 ex-dem and a great partnership. Rega RS1: Were very much on my hit list but never got a chance to listen to them. Highly regarded by a lot of people and they do seem to pop up on ex-dem lists (a pair on BADA here at £325 for example).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts