The ultimate centre speaker? McIntosh's XCS1.5K weighs 80kg, boasts 43 drivers

F8lee

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
Hyperboly on the hoof, for sure.

But then again, I see ads on TV about the Range Rover (I think) coming with McIntosh "reference" sound systems - now considering road noise and wind noise are impossible to eliminate at the very least, the notion of some ultra-mega-super-duper high fidelity sound system is just as dumb as this.

But, for those with much more money than brains (and sadly I think that demographic is growing) this is just the thing! But...will it make "Real Housewives of whereever" a better show? I think not.

talaerts

Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
For ultimate home cinema, I would much rather go to JBL's professional cinema speakers. For example check out JBL 4253 or 4722N, designed for small-medium cinemas, and hide them behind a big projection screen. A very different caliber of speaker, and surprisingly affordable for what they are. They blow these things out of the window. McIntosh has some interesting products, and many which are just silly.

montekay1

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Interesting! If the tweeter/mid-range portion is a CBT it should work pretty well. If however it's just a short straight unshaded line array then probably not so much. Either way, I much prefer my DIY open baffle CBT line array center speaker over this.

talaerts

Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
I heard the 4722N (I think) at a trade show, not the McIntosh. The pro JBL cinema speakers may not be "jewels" like the McIntosh yet it would be the choice for even high end cinemas.

This being said, it is a more sensible McIntosh product than their expensive cable drawer...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts