Question The recent Netflix price hike

I’m pretty close to dropping it. My watch list is much bigger on Prime, and more films I want to see seem to be added to Prime rather than Netflix. The main reason I’ve not ditched it yet is I need to see the three series of Stranger Things and the second series of Mindhunter.

Too many monthly things I’m subscribed to - I’m really not sure how more video streaming channels are appearing when there’s only so much money people are going to put into it. With paying about £25-27 for Prime, Shudder, and Netflix, I’m quite tempted to drop it all and just buy what I want to see. Might subscribe to Cinema Paradiso..

Reactions: eoc69
Their 4K and 1080 streaming options are generally a little soft looking. Think of it this way - they’re compressed versions of those available on Bluray and UHD, so the compression has to show itself somewhere, and it’s more easily noticeable on darker films. It’s almost like people listening to MP3 music during the 90s while others listen to CDs - these softer looking streaming services will make these compressed versions of the 1080 and 4K become the standard in people’s homes. Of course, most people think that because it’s digital, it looks the same as Bluray and UHD, just in the same way that people thought streaming their music sounded the same as CD. Another aspect of everyday quality going down the drain (until this country is able to stream at Bluray and UHD quality).

Reactions: eoc69

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I am well impressed with both Amazon and Netflix. What I think they should include with the Netflix is that there is a lack of internet connection like Amazon has got. Then again SKY has it as there broad band offering ! I do not have SMART TV but have 3 PLASMA include one 7th Gen and one 8th Gen and a very good PDP435PE Pioneer. 2005 with 720P yes it is that old but is recon and works extremely well. I I am not into hi fi anyway at all ! or gaming for that matter. and live in a very small ground floor flat

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I agree with you there ! I am not a fan of 8K or 4K unless one has a very large screen ie 55 or more ! see the thing is that at 4K a screen pixels ( we shall call them) on a 50 tv would not be notice , compared with a 65 inches as the bigger the screen the bigger the pixels on a 1080P then a 4K genuine transmission through a 65 would be better and not noticeable ! But there is a problem what happens on a non 4k transmission on a 65 the pixels would only be at 1080P at best so they would not look as good as a 4K transmission ! So the question is simple how much4 k transmissions do you watch plus gaming and is it worth the extra money paying for something that you may not be using much. My neighbour has a 75 inch plus and I do not need binoculars to watch his TV over 70 feet away. If I do get a 4K it would be one of those cheaper Chinese TVs Hisense maybe a 55 inch having a 65 or 75 would not be any good anyway as I cannot put the TV on a wall with paper walls .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts