The Q Acoustics 5040 Demo

Dom

They were utterly amazing, but there's a catch.

The Bluesound NODE is an impressive music streamer. With the Nam NAIT 5si I got clear wide stereo and an absolute joy listening to music.

With that in mind, I asked if I could hear the WIIM Pro Streamer and the results were much less breathtaking.

So while they are terrific I would need careful system matching to make them shine.

Last edited:
They were utterly amazing, but there's a catch.

The Bluesound NODE is an impressive music streamer, with the Nam NAIT 5si, I got super clear and wide stereo and absolute joy to listen too.

With that in mind, I asked if I could hear the WIIM Pro Streamer and the results were much less breathtaking.
So the Wiim Pro at around £149 isn’t as good as the latest Bluesound NODE at around £450, is that what you concluded? I am not usually led by price, but I’m not altogether surprised.

Imagine how good the NODE is with an external power supply and a different DAC! I know some folks with just that into amps and speakers that cost tens of thousands.

Reactions: DougK1 and Dom

Dom

I would guess Harbeth speakers would make a great match with Naim. Likewise I know Dynaudios are as good as it gets with Naim. They both should shine with most sources.
My Dyn Emit M30 sound great with the Music Fidelity M2si amp, another great match?

Audio T near me in Brighton are selling Dynaudio Evoke 30 in white at £3050, but its way outside of my budget.

Gray

Audio T near me in Brighton....
I liked them, but unfortunately the closest Audio T shop to me closed.

I liked Brighton too.
I worked in Kingswest, the big seafront building on the corner of West Street and Kings Road (one fire exit tunnels under Kings Road, and comes out on the beach).

....I was there probably about the time you were born Dom 🙂.

Reactions: Dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts