The New Mag For This Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Another great edition, the sony tv reviews were excellent and the tv group test was very good.

This will probaly go down as the best edition for me personally though [:D] [Y]

Thanks very much.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
The mag only arrived this morning & i've already spotted a mistake, on page 46 on the tech specs it say's the panasonic 37V20 dosen't have a freesat tuner.

A

Anonymous

another tv grouptest eh ? ill have to get me a copy
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

thats great news gel
emotion-19.gif
, its been quite a week for you , being contacted personally by the boss of richer sounds , and winning a cable
emotion-1.gif

sadly though , winning and receving cables are two different things
emotion-6.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

slewis:Gel you've made it into the magazine with thread of the month & won a HDMI cable
emotion-21.gif

Cheers Mate
emotion-21.gif
I am well happy
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

thats great news gel
emotion-19.gif
, its been quite a week for you , being contacted personally by the boss of richer sounds , and winning a cable
emotion-1.gif

sadly though , winning and receving cables are two different things
emotion-6.gif

Thanks Max
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif
I know i can't believe it
emotion-2.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan:This post only arrived two minutes ago and I've already spotted two mistakes...

Although I do not subscribe to the magazine, I buy every issue nevertheless and am able to spot mistakes in every issue. How can this be a recurring problem?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i cant get my head round the name what hifi yet its 50/50 av stuff i would thought that 75% should be hifi and then have a an av part at the back yet another loads of pages on tvs, freeview/freesat/3d/blu ray players

and then when you revierw hifi stuff its spread all over the mag with very poor details like if the eb2's against is the size then give the measurements, what stand/s did you test them on what distance did you have them apart, how far from the back wall is best-what cables did find worked well and not so good.what sort of price amp do you need. I would like to see 3 in depth hifi reviews bugdet-midpriced-topdoller stuff.

i will always buy the mag just want more

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Andy Clough:We're humans, not robots.

That is a rather poor response, considering you are an Editor. The occassional mistakes are understandable, but frequent mistakes?

Don't you hold yourself to a higher standard for a publication of repute?

John Duncan

I got to page 5 of The Times today before finding a spelling mistake. With 107 pages and innumerable supplements, I'd hazard a guess at there being another 30 or so. And this from a newspaper of repute...

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Ronald Archiebald: occassional mistakes are understandable

Yes, but you're forgiven.

Admittedly, that IS a mistake on my part. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Now, instead of being defensive and curt with a rather silly response, why can't the Editor also exhibit the same humility?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Apologies, as ever, for any mistakes either in the issue or on this site.

Errors can creep into the magazine due to the vast amount of pages our production department get through in a short space of time.

To ensure we have the latest products, plus maximise the test-time possible, we take every issue down to the wire - pages are often only being sub-edited on the day before they are due at the printer! (By which time the test team have already begun to prepare for the next issue; they're not proofing these pages).

We hopefully can (and do) correct errors before reviews appear on the website.

Please keep the feedback coming!

A

Anonymous

hi clare , just wondering if there might be any sign of a hdmi cable in the post for me ? i emailed angelina a few weeks back but got no reply , im itching to test it against my cheapies
emotion-1.gif
..ta..

northernsoul

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
JohnDuncan:Ronald Archiebald: occassional mistakes are understandableYes, but you're forgiven.

Admittedly, that IS a mistake on my part. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Now, instead of being defensive and curt with a rather silly response, why can't the Editor also exhibit the same humility?

Take a chill pill Ron, life's too short man!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i really think that mistakes are always going to happen and that it really is not a major deal and does not hamper what is a good read but do you guys feel that the hifi stuff is wrote with great detail. why not have half a page on catch up/updates to the last mag that way you could save yourselfs if anything is wrong or has changed with what you have put together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts