The new edition.....

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Nothing mere about it. You're all an integral part of the magazine.

On that note - I found this months issue to be one of the best yet. I am only a short-time reader (almost a year I think?) but I will be renewing my subscription and just wanted to say what a great piece of work this months issue was !

Keep up the good work!

Lee

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:.......... I'm loving the quotes from us forum members! PJPro gets a mention among others, good to hear that us, mere mortals, are heard!
Yeah. I was reading it in the kitchen and gave a shout when I saw it....making my wife and the kids jump!

I was looking forward to the review of the new flagship Sennheister HD800 headphones (as stated in May's edition). What happened? No review samples made available?

A

Anonymous

A big thumbs up from me too for the new look magazine. I particularly like having a summary in the contents pages of all products reviewed (including prices), a dedicated section for reviews of new releases of music and films and making use of the last page of the magazine. Most of all...there's sooooo much in it.

emotion-2.gif

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Just a heads up that the Buyer's Guide (at least in my copy) has page 116 where 114 should be and then repeats 115 & 116. Missing the one page in the guide that I wanted to look at!

Looks great otherwise. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Rather enjoyed the computer music and The Big Question features.

Has readers rescue been dropped?

And does anyone know the identity of the lady on the cover?

A

Anonymous

Of course, that's Evangeline Lily from Lost. And no, we don't have contact details but I'm sure a quick Google will bring up a fan club address ; )

Yes, Reader Rescue has been dropped as we tackle more problems in Sound Advice. And you can meet more readers (and their thoughts) in The Big Question. That said, there's always blogging room for that kind of thing...do you miss it?

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:

Andrew Everard:May 6th

There's also a picture of Mr E's older brother in the mag...
emotion-16.gif

That's funny
emotion-2.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Richard Melville:

Of course, that's Evangeline Lily from Lost. And no, we don't have contact details but I'm sure a quick Google will bring up a fan club address ; )

Yes, Reader Rescue has been dropped as we tackle more problems in Sound Advice. And you can meet more readers (and their thoughts) in The Big Question. That said, there's always blogging room for that kind of thing...do you miss it?

Well i expect you to get her details, my good man, and be swift about it! (Thought i recognised her but dont actually watch Lost).

Theres an idea, maybe you could add a dating section!
emotion-55.gif

Yes, yes i do miss it terribly
emotion-6.gif
. However, as long as i win the next competition, the big question keeps going (im aware it wont always be a question i care about), i win the next competition, and the interesting features keep coming, and i win the next competition, i may, in time, feel it as no more than a dull ache where once there was a heart full of excitement at the promise of another reader in peril being saved - no, rescued - by your knights in shining armour.

Still, it had a good innings.
emotion-9.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
hmmm, will have to get a copy on the way home tonight. Hopefully my long-term future will be sorted and I can find out whether a subscription is again viable - it pains me to pay full RRP for anything!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Like the new look, agree with Al re "big question / computer source". I dismissed computer based music years ago but I worked in IT and understand advances in lossless/cheaper storage make it MUCH more viable. Unfortunately my system does not support a move to this medium , Lack of funds means I cannot pursue digital beyond the actual PC in son's room/ laptop but listening to tracks (i've got on vinyl in the attic) on SPOTIFY has really made me want to embrace this accesibility to music.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
The new look is sweet,funny that, as the old style, i thought, covered everything and was a great read but the new look is sooooo much better

Well done everyone at WHF
emotion-21.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:JoelSim:

There's also a picture of Mr E's older brother in the mag...ÿ
emotion-2.gif

I suspect that's ruled out any chance of being featured in the mag...perhaps a feature called 'HiFi Dinosaur' and I may get top billing

ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:JoelSim:

There's also a picture of Mr E's older brother in the mag...
emotion-16.gif

That's funny
emotion-2.gif

Would be funny if it wasn't sad. But not quite a dinosaur yet, although I am working on it...

A

Anonymous

Yeah, great job on the mag. Loved reading the stand mounter test. Great stuff
emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Messiah:
The new mag is excellent! Good job guys!!
emotion-2.gif

What happened to the Retro section?? Wasn't this going to feature the first Sony Walkman??

Turn to the back page.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts