The Mozarts have arrived!!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well done TNT and VA! Delivery within two days. I'm just letting them warm up before connecting them up and listening. I thought I had a whole day's playing time tomorrow but I just received an out of the blue interview request for tomorrow afternoon! I might post a short review later today.... They are stunning to look at though!

Get that camera clicking....
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Great to hear how you rate them as I wanted to buy a pair but went for PMC instead!.

Good looking speakers which would enhance any listening room.

Yes, pics please.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Gerrardasnails:I just received an out of the blue interview request for tomorrow afternoon!

Job interview?

Yes, I've been contracting for 2 months and although this is another contract, it's a great opportunity and much better paid.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/5283208727/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/5283805810/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/5283805296/

Hmm, quite elegant really aren't they?

A

Anonymous

Thanks

They have style. I like them.

When you have time a report would be good.

Hope the interview goes well and then who knows what you might get next!

A

Anonymous

I note from your sig. that you have the Chord Signet i/c to go with the Epic cables.

What do you think of this combination as I have the Epics and am considering trying the Signet if my dealer will lend me some?

Maybe a few days listening with the new speakers would be a better time to comment.

matthewpiano

GORGEOUS speakers. I've heard a pair of Mozarts and a pair of Beethovens and both were stunning. I am more than a little jealous. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Good luck with the interview too!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:GORGEOUS speakers. I've heard a pair of Mozarts and a pair of Beethovens and both were stunning. I am more than a little jealous. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Good luck with the interview too!Nice place too, looking at the other photos

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hammill:matthewpiano:GORGEOUS speakers. I've heard a pair of Mozarts and a pair of Beethovens and both were stunning. I am more than a little jealous. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Good luck with the interview too!Nice place too, looking at the other photos

Lol! That's my best friend's place in France, that he's trying to sell. I wished!!

A

Anonymous

they are beautiful, i bet they sound great too, i've read that they have huge bass, well done
emotion-21.gif

Gerrardasnails:hammill:matthewpiano:GORGEOUS speakers. I've heard a pair of Mozarts and a pair of Beethovens and both were stunning. I am more than a little jealous. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Good luck with the interview too!Nice place too, looking at the other photos Lol! That's my best friend's place in France, that he's trying to sell. I wished!!

Blimey, that's a round trip to Anfield...
emotion-16.gif

Who says Chelsea and Liverpool supporters can't get on...
emotion-5.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Cheers PP and others.

I've added a couple more in a set of snaps on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/sets/72157625529513627/

Now, how do they sound?

My first song to try out was Tom Jones, What Good Am I? Well, just stunning. Tom wasn't in my room but he could have been (prefer just the Mozarts)! I've blitzed through a number of songs at low volume - the bass is phenomenal. I don't mean the amount. I mean the bass! It has such tone. I'm not good at portraying what I've heard into words but I now realise there is more to just very tight, fast bass. My RS6s were excellent for this but the VA's are just in another league because of the sound of the bass. Anyone wanting to hear bass, try out Alicia Keys' Heartburn - fantastic. I tried quite a few songs which major on vocals - Amy Winehouse - No Greater Love, Antony and The Johnsons opener from I am a bird now, Madeleine Peyroux (just wow!), and they sound gorgeous. You forget that the sound is coming from speakers as it seems to be coming from all around the room and not two beautiful boxes in front of you. Even though I couldn't play loud tonight, I still listened to The Libertines, The Who, Bob Marley and The Strokes (remembered how good Alone, together is!) and again, absolutely no complaints. These small speakers are just brilliant.

A big thank you and recommendation to Fanthorpes and the guys from VA.

Gerrardasnails:Cheers PP and others. I've added a couple more in a set of snaps on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/sets/72157625529513627/ Now, how do they sound? My first song to try out was Tom Jones, What Good Am I? Well, just stunning. Tom wasn't in my room but he could have been (prefer just the Mozarts)! I've blitzed through a number of songs at low volume - the bass is phenomenal. I don't mean the amount. I mean the bass! It has such tone. I'm not good at portraying what I've heard into words but I now realise there is more to just very tight, fast bass. My RS6s were excellent for this but the VA's are just in another league because of the sound of the bass. Anyone wanting to hear bass, try out Alicia Keys' Heartburn - fantastic. I tried quite a few songs which major on vocals - Amy Winehouse - No Greater Love, Antony and The Johnsons opener from I am a bird now, Madeleine Peyroux (just wow!), and they sound gorgeous. You forget that the sound is coming from speakers as it seems to be coming from all around the room and not two beautiful boxes in front of you. Even though I couldn't play loud tonight, I still listened to The Libertines, The Who, Bob Marley and The Strokes (remembered how good Alone, together is!) and again, absolutely no complaints. These small speakers are just brilliant. A big thank you and recommendation to Fanthorpes and the guys from VA.

They seem to be the 'real deal'. It's always great when someone is bowled over by a product, but as you know, they'll grow on you and will get better as the days and weeks roll on.

Isn't it lovely to have a product that's not only stunning to listen to, but also few others have? - almost like an exclusive club. Fantastic.

Enjoy, Gerrard.

Gerrardasnails:Cheers PP and others. I've added a couple more in a set of snaps on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367271@N04/sets/72157625529513627/ Now, how do they sound? My first song to try out was Tom Jones, What Good Am I? Well, just stunning. Tom wasn't in my room but he could have been (prefer just the Mozarts)! I've blitzed through a number of songs at low volume - the bass is phenomenal. I don't mean the amount. I mean the bass! It has such tone. I'm not good at portraying what I've heard into words but I now realise there is more to just very tight, fast bass. My RS6s were excellent for this but the VA's are just in another league because of the sound of the bass. Anyone wanting to hear bass, try out Alicia Keys' Heartburn - fantastic. I tried quite a few songs which major on vocals - Amy Winehouse - No Greater Love, Antony and The Johnsons opener from I am a bird now, Madeleine Peyroux (just wow!), and they sound gorgeous. You forget that the sound is coming from speakers as it seems to be coming from all around the room and not two beautiful boxes in front of you. Even though I couldn't play loud tonight, I still listened to The Libertines, The Who, Bob Marley and The Strokes (remembered how good Alone, together is!) and again, absolutely no complaints. These small speakers are just brilliant. A big thank you and recommendation to Fanthorpes and the guys from VA.

Hope you don't mind me asking a quick question: How far are the speakers from the wall?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:

Hope you don't mind me asking a quick question: How far are the speakers from the wall?

Of course not. At the moment, they are about half a metre from the rear wall - the Christmas tree has changed speaker location at the moment though. I will have a play in a few weeks time.

By the way, you are right about having an unusual product.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:

A big thank you and recommendation to Fanthorpes and the guys from VA.

i was in fanthorpes only last week, had a brief listen to some va standmounts - they're quite excited about them as a range.

glad you like them, not my taste visually, but then i have atcs so am clearly spoilt in the looks department!
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts