buzz_lightclick said:
Winner = the E6 (I suspect).
Easy win.
regular_smile.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The LED TV's might come out better for HDR content

That will be an interesting one to see the viewers opinions on that and see if Brightness is that much of a factor for HDR

D

Deleted member 2457

Q5 said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Winner = the E6 (I suspect).

Just had a demo of this - 55 E6V and it is very impresive, could be my next TV.

I will wait for the shoot out results.
Just bought a copy of WHF and HCC today and in HCC they reviewed the LG 55c6 and called it the dark knight because of how black it goes! Says LED's manufacturers will be having nightmares.
regular_smile.gif

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
in HCC they reviewed the LG 55c6 and called it the dark knight because of how black it goes! Says LED's manufacturers will be having nightmares.

Got to make sure your review gets quoted in the manufacturer's ads somehow!

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:
in HCC they reviewed the LG 55c6 and called it the dark knight because of how black it goes! Says LED's manufacturers will be having nightmares.

Got to make sure your review gets quoted in the manufacturer's ads somehow!
Huh?

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyome going to this ? I would be very keen to know the results as I am thinking of purchasing a 65 in TV

I was going to make a post asking for people for advice on what to get and anything to look out for not sure to go curved or flat I am leaning towards OLED but is it worth the extra money ? Will you not the difference on standard TVs or 1080?

Thanks

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Ian986 said:
Is anyome going to this ? I would be very keen to know the results as I am thinking of purchasing a 65 in TV

I was going to make a post asking for people for  advice on what to get and anything to look out for not sure to go curved or flat I am leaning towards OLED but is it worth the extra money ? Will you not the difference on standard TVs or 1080? 

Thanks 

In my experience Yes.
The blacks and colour redition an oled has cannot be touched by a led.
I was gobsmacked by the lg oled55ev. It really is outstanding.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Q5 said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Slightly misleading headline of John Archer's report of the shootout, when you actually read it ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/07/25/lcd-crushes-oled-in-public-tv-shoot-out-shock/#2ebe94d6fde7

Agree, the LG is a very good TV and crushed the others with SDR and the colours really popped out.

With HDR the LG just could not reproduce the highlights as well as the Samsung or Panasonic, but I would still buy the LG.

Me too. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would prefer a led above the 65e6v, but to each his own, I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts