The definitive 5,000 pound system. Beat this...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If anyone thinks they could better the following HIFI / AV setup for less than 5 grand I would be happy to have my wife kiss them and order them a pizza in appreciation of their superior knowledge. The system is to fit a 3.5 X 4 meter room. The money should be spent to maximise quality as opposed to gadgets and gizmos. Pioneer PDP-LX508D - 50" Kuro - 2000 pounds; Denon AVR-2807 Receiver - 650 pounds; NAD C542 CD Player - 250 pounds; Denon TU1800DAB Tuner - 200 pounds; Playstation 3 - 300 pounds; SKY+ - 200 pounds; Tannoy Mercury F1 5.1 Speakers - 750 pounds; BOOM! That's 4350 quid. 600 pounds left over on some kind of MP3 gizmo.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Great system, but....

Swapping the Denon out for an Onkyo would certainly beat it..... Buy the Onkyo TX-SR875 for @£950 and then add the matching iPod dock - cue much better surround sound performance and superior stereo power for your CD player/tuner.

Oh, and on the subject of the CD player... Have you heard the Marantz CD6002? (£270).

And an upgrade to Sky HD would be the ideal move for that size/capability of TV, too!

A

Anonymous

An Onkyo TX-SR875 for £950??

please tell me where from? i'm struggling to find one for a quid off the RRP! let alone £50!

A

Anonymous

try sevenoaks. I got a cracking deal (although i have bought virtually everything from them over the last year). Mine was under £875 and they had a sale on!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chutneygus"]If anyone thinks they could better the following HIFI / AV setup for less than 5 grand I would be happy to have my wife kiss them and order them a pizza in appreciation of their superior knowledge. [/quote]

So, Claire - extra Pepperoni on that..?!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chutneygus"]If anyone thinks they could better the following HIFI / AV setup for less than 5 grand I would be happy to have my wife kiss them and order them a pizza in appreciation of their superior knowledge. The system is to fit a 3.5 X 4 meter room. The money should be spent to maximise quality as opposed to gadgets and gizmos.

Pioneer PDP-LX508D - 50" Kuro - 2000 pounds;
Denon AVR-2807 Receiver - 650 pounds;
NAD C542 CD Player - 250 pounds;
Denon TU1800DAB Tuner - 200 pounds;
Playstation 3 - 300 pounds;
SKY+ - 200 pounds;
Tannoy Mercury F1 5.1 Speakers - 750 pounds;

BOOM! That's 4350 quid. 600 pounds left over on some kind of MP3 gizmo.[/quote]

How did u get the Pioneer PDP-LX508D - 50" Kuro for £2000? It retails at £3500 unless ur on about the Pioneer PDP- 508XD - 50" Kuro which retails around the £2000 mark. Unless u got it second hand??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
How about not getting a 50inch screen for that size room. I would say it was a good 10 inches too big! That would save you lots of money. £200 for Sky+??? I got my HD box for £180 brand new off Ebay. My brother in law got the Denon AVR2808 from Sevenoaks just after Christmas for the same price! I'd say you could do better with your money - even though you are going to have to spend a fair bit at Dominos!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]How about not getting a 50inch screen for that size room. I would say it was a good 10 inches too big! That would save you lots of money.[/quote]

And give you a poky little picture when you could have a GREAT BIG ONE

A

Anonymous

I still think its a Pioneer PDP- 508XD and not the LX508D, The latter would shoot his sytem price by around another 1500 quid.

A

Anonymous

http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/50inch-ready-1080p-kuro-with-direct-colour-filter-5year-warranty-p-149.html

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't be happy the music elements of that set up at all!

Arcam Solo Movie, 42 inch Panasonic plasma and Dali Ikon 6 5.1.

Higher quality in every area.

Can I have extra pesto and chilli oil on mine please.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I wouldn't be happy the music elements of that set up at all!

Arcam Solo Movie, 42 inch Panasonic plasma and Dali Ikon 6 5.1.
Higher quality in every area.
Can I have extra pesto and chilli oil on mine please.
[/quote]

However if he has the LX508D, his tv would be way ahead of the panasonic

A

Anonymous

if it actually is the LX508D he got for 2K, ill have one of those pls....and your right arm!!

A

Anonymous

everyone has there version of what could be better or better priced but at the end of the day it comes down to the individual.
As you can see i have a decent set up below love the onkyo b&W set up but im sure you could all name something better to your ears and eyes (my tv was slated for being rubbish with normal pictures) Im also a definate believer in good speaker cables ,hdmi,and power cables so i dont think anyone should want to "beat the price " just offer sound advice which you all give us time and time again on here .

see you in bristol nokz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts