The CJSF system shows further improvement . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Still £***ing down with rain, Sunday morning, even the dog dont want to go out! Waiting for the snooker to come on this afternoon . . . So rummage in the archives of my vinyl, I pulled out a record I have avoided many times, only because it was classical and I had no idea about it?

The amp had no time to warm up, straight in . . . a little thin I thought but not so bad, two thirds of the way through the first side, image was improving, sound was warming up, in fact the music was beginning sounding very nice, familiar classics. Worth turning over, first pour another cuppa, the second side was also familiar . . . I started to sit up, this was also sounding really good from a hifi point of view.

Presenting a warm, fairly large sound stage, warm did I say? . . . as the side played, the sound audibly changed to a distinct organic sound, the wooden timbre of the instruments was very evident . . . ? Made me think, I has a session with my pipe organ records a couple of weeks ago, when the ISOmat arrived, I thought I could pick the wood resonance in the pipes then . . . but put it down to me being screwy and I knew my ears were a bit suspect then :?

But there was no doubt today, the ears are crystal clear, the sound was definitely woody in the nicest possible, organic hifi way. I've got a couple of Organ records out to try in a while.

. . . and so the CJSF system improves, by small amounts, but improve it does, at minimum cost with a tiny adjustment here and a tweak there, seeming almost not worth the effort at the time, but they all add up . . . 8)

The classical record today has proved to be a 'bargain?' that I bought, circa 1972, 84p from Boots bargain box. My Kathy was alive then, we had only been married 4 years, no TV, just a Bush record player with a stereo plug-in remote active speaker. The record has not seen the light of day since, 40 years hiding its light is a long time.

CJSF

PS As usual, cant post pics her, so see the second post:

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
500recordsleeve001copyrw.jpg

priceticket001rw.jpg

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts