The challenge: best new small speakers up to £3000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
They must be small, either floor standers or stand mounts, and suit all types of music. Assume the amplifier is already purchased, as are both sources (TT and CD), and all are entirely neutral in character.

What would the recommendations be?

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:It'd depend on the amplifier - it's an extremely important match .

Grotty i will expand on Davids post.

Is said amp a SET with an output of 2 watts ( google it if you dunno what im on about) .Or a 15 squillion watt trannie behemoth.

You havnt really thought much about this mate. Enjoy your christmas pud.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I think we can assume at least 50w/channel for the amp. We should also assume the amp would be in a similar price range.

My recommendation: Dynaudio Excite X32. Small, elegant, amazing sound.

A

Anonymous

If you haven't bought your amp I will suggest Avi Adm and then either the 9.1's and sub about £2500 or the new Adm 40's out the middle of next June/July.

Grottyash:
They must be small, either floor standers or stand mounts, and suit all types of music. Assume the amplifier is already purchased, as are both sources (TT and CD), and all are entirely neutral in character.

What would the recommendations be?

Hi Grottyash

If its neutrality you require then at the moment i'll highly recommend ATC's SCM19 monitors with their flat and honest presentation.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:i'll highly recommend ATC's SCM19 monitors with their flat and honest presentation.

No suprise there then
emotion-4.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:

I think we can assume at least 50w/channel for the amp. We should also assume the amp would be in a similar price range.

Yup and assumption is the mother of all f*** ups .

Couldnt resist that jax
emotion-5.gif

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Nick21:If you haven't bought your amp I will suggest Avi Adm and then either the 9.1's and sub about £2500 or the new Adm 40's out the middle of next June/July.
ADM9T + Subwoofer are £1925.

ADM40 are projected to be "under £3000 definitely, hopefully £2500".

Considering the development stage of the latter, it could be a long wait. The former can be auditioned at a couple of dealers in the UK, as well as at the AVI HQ.

A

Anonymous

Jaxwired is correct, that will be around the output of the amp. Price probably less - I'd rather compromise on the amp having lived with the other way round for a while now. Haven't got the amp yet, just didn't want people to be distracted by it as I'm really more concerned about finding speakers at the moment, then finding an amp to match. The sources are as stated, and are strictly neutral in presentation

Anything I buy must have warranty (and service) coverage in Finland, by the way, which rules out AVI.

Harbeths definitely an option, but the looks are less than optimal, so OH says. ATC I hadn't thought of - will see if they have a dealer here.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
Grottyash:ATC I hadn't thought of - will see if they have a dealer here.

Oh, one is never that far away.

(You still online Rick?)

You are on form today Chebster. Merry Christmas.

And Merry Christmas to you Rick.

A

Anonymous

Yes sorry I inclueded my transport speaker stands and odd n ends in that!

A

Anonymous

Why is AVI out? They will sell online and if you contact them I'm sure you can clarify the distance selling situation.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Why is AVI out? They will sell online and if you contact them I'm sure you can clarify the distance selling situation.AVI have no local distributor or local support. Shipping costs to the UK if anything went wrong would be horrendous and take time. I can't demo them here either.

Besides, I don't really want active speakers.

chebby:
Grottyash:ATC I hadn't thought of - will see if they have a dealer here.

Oh, one is never that far away.

(You still online Rick?)

Hi chebby

It is a small world
emotion-4.gif

Btw, i've got clients close by in Sweden and Norway using ATC monitors
emotion-1.gif

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts