The Blue Man Group

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyone familiar with this music, either live (phenominal), blu-ray, dvd full 5 channel music or CD?

It's a most unusual audio-visual experience, as they are totaly unique and most entertaining.

Their recordings are beautifully mastered and easily qualify as a "what makes your system sound good" - try "The Complex" in 5.1.

If you haven't heard their music, it's certainly worth investigation.

A

Anonymous

Seen the Blue Man Group at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas in September 2004. Really enjoyed it. Unusual at first but soon got into it. It certainly was different.
smiley-cool.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The other place to see them is in Universal Studios, Orlando.

I,like you, found that I (and all my family) enjoyed them, and then went and got some of their music on a variety of formats.

A

Anonymous

"O" is another show I would thoroughly recommend. It was brilliant. It was the only show I've ever said I could watch that again and still be amazed.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Tartan Man said:
"O" is another show I would thoroughly recommend. It was brilliant. It was the only show I've ever said I could watch that again and still be amazed.

Thx

What is it (o or zero)? Where can you see it....Las Vagas?.....or elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, i did mean to add that the letter "O" is a shortened/abreviated way of saying "eau" which is French for water. That will also give you a small hint of what is used in the show "O".......... water.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I saw "O" at The Bellagio in Vegas on my last trip. Very impressive.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
How does this sort of thing stand up to repeated viewing/listening? (I noticed there is a Blu-ray.)

I took my youngest daughter to see 'Stomp' years ago (at Chichester) and she was raving about it afterwards. (I found it very impressive too.) So I bought her their DVD on the way out of the theatre, but it only ever got watched once.

I am now wary of such 'novelty' acts that are great for a night out but don't stand up as a 'keeper' when played at home.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
How does this sort of thing stand up to repeated viewing/listening? (I noticed there is a Blu-ray.)

I took my youngest daughter to see 'Stomp' years ago (at Chichester) and she was raving about it afterwards. (I found it very impressive too.) So I bought her their DVD on the way out of the theatre, but it only ever got watched once.

I am now wary of such 'novelty' acts that are great for a night out but don't stand up as a 'keeper' when played at home.

All I can tell you is that I regularly play the CD, and put on the blu-ray from time to time.
The blu-ray came with a DVD and CD for a little extra.

Where they really come alive is with the full 5 channel stuff (eg. The complex). They are very talanted percussionists and play an amazing selection of instruments.

It's probably a case of "try it and see", but most people that have come across them, like them.

I felt they were good enough to warrent posting a thread.

A

Anonymous

I haven't seen "O" on dvd and I couldn't compare it to how it would sound and look compared to the live version and atmosphere but for someone like myself who gets bored stiff when I get dragged along to shows like Chicago,Hairspray,etc I must say I thought it was brilliant and would watch it again without any hesitation. I didn't even know you could buy "O" on dvd or blu-ray.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts