The Best of 2 Worlds with [ 1000 - 2000 € ] budget !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i recently upgraded my cm1 to cm7 , cmc and kept my b&w m1 as rears , altough i still have the old heart of the system that needs a upgrade.... as the sound is not horrible for my ears ( yet ) i realise that i have to upgrade ....

My old av receiver its a yamaha rx 659 - more then 100 wpc ... now i have many doubts wich is the best solution ?

Some say yamaha (brand) is not a good match with b&W , some say exacly they do...

Some say onkyo could mach , but some others say its not musical....

Pioneer is to clinical with b&W

Denon to warm ?

it not easy to chose with so much variaty and so diverse opinions and reviews.... I also know that this sound issue is to subjective , dependes on our hears and feellings , therefore i need help..

My ears are not that demanding , what i mean is that im no audio guru or expecialized, ( you already realized that since i told you i was running a sistem with cm1 and rx 659 ) But this time i want to have a sistem that as good sinergies , a good all round that does justice to what you pay , that can make the b&W cm7 play as they were supost to...

My room its aproximatly 30m2 , and cm7 near the back wall , i want to change the av reaceiver ..

Mostly a watch movies, musical dvds and some stereo..... im searching for a solution the suits my needs and perferencly that is already tested and works well both with movies and music , and a buy that can make me feel that a really did an upgrade...

The budget , in euros , maybe... i can spend like 1000 - 2000 euros (something like 1000 to 1600 pounds ? )

Wich one ? denon ? onkyo ? yamaha ? cambridge audio ? arcam ? sony ?

Wich will be the best of 2 worlds and best partner for b&W cm7 ?

im also waiting for the expert advice,

Thank you in advance,

M. Lavadinho

A

Anonymous

If you are looking for more clarity and purity with more openess and details in sound , than the Pioneer lx-82 is your best bet! and you won,t find a better amp. that can dig out more details from your soundtracks at thise price point. and No the pioneer lx-82 are not clinical at all! but if your are the type that who like the sound more relaxed and dark , then you should look at something alse , maybe the yamaha or denon , because the pioneer lx-82 has sucha an openess in sound that it will drop every last details at you, it,s simply a powerhouse amp.

Goodluck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Marco.

What you guys think about onkyo 5007 ? would it be musical ?

tell me what you think ... thanks

A

Anonymous

I have used the Onkyo-906 , and after that the Denon-4310 and now the Pioneer lx-82 , iam sure the Onkyo-5007 is much the same like the Onkyo-906 soundwise, in generaly the sound from onkyo is being described Forward , but that,s not necessarely a bad thing , infact some people may call it exciting and detailed , also onkyo are extremely dynamic amp, personaly i find the onkyo alittel hard on music and not as subtle as some other out there , but when it comes to home cinema then it,s one of the best out there for sure!

If your first priority is music .then i think u should go for the Denon and if want a great all rounder than i think the pioneer lx-82 is best amp. out there at this price.

TRENDING THREADS