The best LG OLED65C9PLA deals 2020: huge s on LG's big-screen wonder

mestrec

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
Hardly a knockdown price - it's gone up over £500 since Black Friday and the New Year! Keep seeing reference made to ghosting too. Would be good to get your view on that issue.

This is when you see the trustworthy of a website. Saying these are the best prices ever is a false statement and mislead customers to buy through their link and get some money commission from it.

Make me think whether we should trust their reviews as well...

Reactions: THANKI

scene

I don't know if the price has leapt back up, but it's currently showing as £2499 - which is the most expensive it's been for nearly 4 months. It did drop to £1899 a couple of days ago, which is cheaper than Black Friday, but £50 more than it was for the first couple of weeks this year. £1899 was a good price but when WHF quotes these "deals", I wish it would quote the actual deal price in the article, and the actual date of the quote - as a lot of these deals are short lived.

Reactions: THANKI

THANKI

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
This is the first time in 25 years I cannot trust What HI-FI. The prices have gone up £750 in the past 2 weeks and this article is helping LG with their price fixing to clear the C9 65" at this inflated price before CX becomes available!

The Black Friday price for this TV was around £1650

I'm sure many people got this TV based on the What HI-FI review!

Reactions: Mich

Nayan01

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
This current price is pathetic it's not a good deal as you suggest. I bought this same television for 65"C9 for £1679.00 with 6 year Warranty. Great television. But not at £2500. What hifi accepting bribes? Dissapointing. Most reviews done are generic . It's not technical enough.

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Reading elite AV sites is now just a giant Sth. Korean TV promotion. Casual lookers could be inclined to gather only LG produce a good OLED TV product. And Samsung over power by sheer amount of review sets, the AV sites TV lists for the current year. Funnier still is how many Par for the course LED TVs actually hang with or laughably beat Sony OLED in verdicts. Even newly released £2k LG entry level 55" OLED TVs get reviewed in same class of a £1k FALD 6,7 series. But the LG Sammy narrative doesn't include Panasonic's self emissive display heritage or Sony veteran cinema modes w/Hz sync.

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This current price is pathetic it's not a good deal as you suggest. I bought this same television for 65"C9 for £1679.00 with 6 year Warranty. Great television. But not at £2500. What hifi accepting bribes? Dissapointing. Most reviews done are generic . It's not technical enough.
It's just feels like AV sites regarding TVs are like spokespersons for relative either Korean brand.

D

Deleted member 2457

LG's OLED TV defies expectations and is now available at a knockdown price - check out the best deals around.

The best LG OLED65C9PLA deals 2020: huge s on LG's big-screen wonder : Read more
As you can see now WHF are advertising some of the best deals around click on those links now you will see the price at £2099, which is a very good price for this time of year after the January sales, and these are trusted retailers too, which is often worth the £100 more in price.

Mich

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
This is the first time in 25 years I cannot trust What HI-FI. The prices have gone up £750 in the past 2 weeks and this article is helping LG with their price fixing to clear the C9 65" at this inflated price before CX becomes available!

The Black Friday price for this TV was around £1650

I'm sure many people got this TV based on the What HI-FI review!

The price fixing was related to cashing in on the final week of the Sky deal. Now that deal has expired the price should be coming down mid-feb as stock in UK will have to be cleared before CX model release date estimated in U.K for late April.

Mich

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I work in purchasing for one of those prices listed and we have had confirmation that we are price matching Amazon U.K online this morning knocking £500 off our listed price!!

D

Deleted member 2457

As you can see now WHF are advertising some of the best deals around click on those links now you will see the price at £2099, which is a very good price for this time of year after the January sales, and these are trusted retailers too, which is often worth the £100 more in price.
If you click on the Peter Tyson link by WHF it’s £1999 - the best price currently! I bought this TV from John Lewis at £1849 which WHF were advertising at the time too. You can’t blame WHF for price fluctuations it’s due to low stock and demand and seasonal pricing. WHF advertise the best prices at the best places which if you click on the current links they are doing.

THANKI

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
If you click on the Peter Tyson link by WHF it’s £1999 - the best price currently! I bought this TV from John Lewis at £1849 which WHF were advertising at the time too. You can’t blame WHF for price fluctuations it’s due to low stock and demand and seasonal pricing. WHF advertise the best prices at the best places which if you click on the current links they are doing.

Best price currently in Costco £1859!

WHF is not advertising any prices, they simply have prices pulled from somewhere like Pricerunner etc

D

Deleted member 2457

WHF is not advertising any prices, they simply have prices pulled from somewhere like Pricerunner etc
WHF doesn’t link to Costco prices because you have to have a membership to belong there. Besides John Lewis doesn’t even price match with them!

D

Deleted member 2457

It’s not even in stock at Costco website so how are they going to link to that? Even when it is in stock Costco hide the price of that TV!

D

Deleted member 2457

WHF are clearly advertising the best prices, link to a better price then for the LG C9?

D

Deleted member 2457

I have just had the email about the Costco deal on the LG 65C9 it’s in warehouses only and it only started today and finishes in 6 days time!

Mich

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site

Exactly. they probably get a referral bonus!

Going to Costco this evening, hopefully I'll be a proud owner tonight, thanks pal :cool:

D

Deleted member 2457

Exactly. they probably get a referral bonus!

Going to Costco this evening, hopefully I'll be a proud owner tonight, thanks pal :cool:
You are better off buying a Samsung QLED TV.

D

Deleted member 2457

No thanks, OLED picture quality wins hands down in every comparison!
I thought the same as you until I bought one because I got sick of the the screen burn I kept getting from OLED and I was seriously pleasantly surprised!

THANKI

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
No thanks, OLED picture quality wins hands down in every comparison!

Completely agree. I've got the B7 55" and no screen burn. I dont play games and watch continuous news channels so there is hardly anything that effects my TV.

C9 has some tech that prevents the burn-in issue.

Samsung fanboy hasnt got a clue!

D

Deleted member 2457

Completely agree. I've got the B7 55" and no screen burn. I dont play games and watch continuous news channels so there is hardly anything that effects my TV.

C9 has some tech that prevents the burn-in issue.

Samsung fanboy hasnt got a clue!
I suppose I am a bit of a fanboy! :) But I do own the LG 65C9 and the Samsung and I have owned 6 other OLED TVs so haven’t got a clue comment is highly inaccurate!

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts