thats it, end of story . . . ?

CJSF

New member
May 25, 2011
251
1
0
Visit site
The Turntable Saga, I think finaly comes to and end:

Got new TT/PSU today, from the dealer. He tested it first, well he said, its better but not perfect???? OK says I, I'll give it a try . . . he's right its not perfect, better than the first one, but still not 100% there is a buzz . . . surprised Rega have let this problem get out?

I nearly just unpluged it to return it . . . however, being the curious type, how does it sound, especially compared to the first poor(er) example? . . .

My first reaction was that of an audiophile, cringe as I turned the volume up . . . put old habits behind me, listen objectively. The buzz cannot be heard from the listening position at normal volumes. First hurdle over . . . music, how is it sounding, back to the beginning of the track . . . Jennifer Warnes, 'Bird on a Wire' and 'Famous Blue Raincoat' . . . Then my very old Sandy Nelson LP, 2 tracks; 'Let there be Dums' and 'Then There Will be Drums', of course at volume!!! Finally I'm listening to, as I write, the whole of Carol Kidd's album, 'Carol Kidd'.

What can I say, air, air and more air, giving space around instruments and individuals with totally believable imaging with an atmosphere of live recording . . . detail that 'crosses the t's and dots the i's' . . . I seem to be cutting the buzz out mentally?

The changes are subtle, but as a 'whole', it is a wonderful musical experiance???

My only problem is personal . . . the sound quality, to me, is so good, I can hardly believe my ears, I feel as though I am kidding myself???? And-yet, my experience in my previous life tells me, its right. Hazel, despite her lack of experience says its very, very good, worth all the effort I have put in, she says. OK, a personal problem of 'no confidence in my self' . . . part of my depression symptoms. No friends to help either . . .

. . . thats it, end of story? . . . CJS
 

altruistic.lemon

New member
Jul 25, 2011
64
0
0
Visit site
Buy a Thorens TD 145, TD 160, TD 150 or TD 125 and live happily ever after, in the secure knowledge there's few turntables that can do it better. Add a Benz Micro Ace, and paradise awaits.
 

CJSF

New member
May 25, 2011
251
1
0
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Buy a Thorens TD 145, TD 160, TD 150 or TD 125 and live happily ever after, in the secure knowledge there's few turntables that can do it better. Add a Benz Micro Ace, and paradise awaits.

Perhaps you need to get out a bit more mate?

CJSF
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,255
26
19,220
Visit site
CJSF said:
altruistic.lemon said:
Buy a Thorens TD 145, TD 160, TD 150 or TD 125 and live happily ever after, in the secure knowledge there's few turntables that can do it better. Add a Benz Micro Ace, and paradise awaits.

Perhaps you need to get out a bit more mate?

Is it possible to 'get out' any further than Altruistic has already? (Without space travel anyway.)
 

CJSF

New member
May 25, 2011
251
1
0
Visit site
chebby said:
CJSF said:
altruistic.lemon said:
Buy a Thorens TD 145, TD 160, TD 150 or TD 125 and live happily ever after, in the secure knowledge there's few turntables that can do it better. Add a Benz Micro Ace, and paradise awaits.

Perhaps you need to get out a bit more mate?

Is it possible to 'get out' any further than Altruistic has already? (Without space travel anyway.)

Mmm . . . I thought there were more manufacturers than just one? . . . each to his own though:? It is what you make of it . . . as are most things in life . . . I remember my Dad telling me that when he was about my age now.

CJSF
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts