That Was Then... NAD 3020

RedorDead

Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
NAD 3020....Still my "daily" amp..... Sounds as brilliant as ever...... run everything through it.... Free view, projector, Google audio cast, two pc's..... through some late 80's Kenwood speakers..... Imaging is amazing......Great review...... and my power LED shines brightly 24/7!!

Reactions: Gray

Gray

NAD 3020....Still my "daily" amp..... Sounds as brilliant as ever...... run everything through it.... Free view, projector, Google audio cast, two pc's..... through some late 80's Kenwood speakers..... Imaging is amazing......Great review...... and my power LED shines brightly 24/7!!
Great amp.
I also had the matching 4020 tuner - first time I'd heard a bit of depth to an FM broadcast.
The first real value products.....and yours has certainly been that. Long may it last (y)
(And if the power LED ever fails....it would be about the easiest repair you could do).

Yelnats

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
I currently own the original NAD 3020 and I’m the original owner. I’m thinking of replacing it with an amp that will allow me to use it to amplify my TV output (Toslink) along with a couple analog aux inputs and a phono input for my non-preamped record player.
At the same time, I would like the unit to switch to whatever input is active automatically. Also, and perhaps most importantly, I would like the same sweet natural sound from my speakers that I have enjoyed for the last 40 years. So many people talk about how wonderful an amp my NAD 3020 was — and still is! But no one suggests an equivalent sounding unit as it has a very unique and awesome sound (in my opinion). Any suggestions out there?
Thanks so much!
PS. I also own the matching NAD tuner 4020A and tape deck 6040 which I purchased at the same time.

I currently own the original NAD 3020 and I’m the original owner. I’m thinking of replacing it with an amp that will allow me to use it to amplify my TV output (Toslink) along with a couple analog aux inputs and a phono input for my non-preamped record player.
At the same time, I would like the unit to switch to whatever input is active automatically. Also, and perhaps most importantly, I would like the same sweet natural sound from my speakers that I have enjoyed for the last 40 years. So many people talk about how wonderful an amp my NAD 3020 was — and still is! But no one suggests an equivalent sounding unit as it has a very unique and awesome sound (in my opinion). Any suggestions out there?
Thanks so much!
PS. I also own the matching NAD tuner 4020A and tape deck 6040 which I purchased at the same time.
I'd start a thread in the main hifi forum - there's much more traffic there. Just start a new thread and copy/paste this post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts