That old chestnut - the law of diminishing returns

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I tried an
£8000 CD system recently and I'd say it was about 20% better than my
£2800 system. I listened to a £500 record deck and it was about half
as good as my system and then a £12,000 record deck and it was about
the same as my system...I had about £3,000 to spend, and could have flexed it up a little more if I thought it worth it, but my ears really said that once I'd got up to £2,800, it simply wasn't worth spending more. Discuss....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bowiebexley:I tried an£8000 CD system recently and I'd say it was about 20% better than my£2800 system.ÿ I listened to a £500 record deck and it was about halfas good as my system and then a £12,000 record deck and it was aboutthe same as my system...I had about £3,000 to spend, and could have flexed it up a little more if I thought it worth it, but my ears really said that once I'd got up to £2,800, it simply wasn't worth spending more.ÿ Discuss....

How long did you listen to them for?

The 20% better is quite signicant, but it is £5,200 more. I guess it all depends on what you want, but I bet you wish you had that system.

And it all depends on your listening environment. Background music, not worth it. A luxury, and yes it is.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply ....I listened for a couple of hours in a Sevenoaks demo room to music that I was familiar with, and with my eyes shut, which I find is the only way to listen to music. Yes, if I earnt £100k + or had a massive savings account, I'd not think twice about spending £10k+ on a system, but I'm not really in that league. I just want to enjoy fabulous music. It's about the percentage game, I think.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
What?!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Bet I could blow the lot out of the water with a grand to play with!
:) he he

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts