Thank You Sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My 3 year old Sky HD box finnaly gave up the fight for life on Monday,

After a call to Sky i was told the worst, £60 call out and £190 for a new box [:|]

as my recession hit funds didn't strech that far i asked to be disconnected.

And as if by magic i'm transfered to the supervisor who offers me a brand new system FOC with a £10 discount

on my subscription for the next 6 months. System was installed today.[:)]

So thank you Sky.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Spring-Heeled Jud:
My 3 year old Sky HD box finnaly gave up the fight for life on Monday,

After a call to Sky i was told the worst, £60 call out and £190 for a new box
emotion-8.gif

as my recession hit funds didn't strech that far i asked to be disconnected.

And as if by magic i'm transfered to the supervisor who offers me a brand new system FOC with a £10 discount

on my subscription for the next 6 months. System was installed today.
emotion-1.gif

So thank you Sky.

Yep, just goes to show that the monthly revenue (subscriptions) is far more important than any hardware costs

Chuffed you got a deal though, well done

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yep sky are really good at that , they try to rip you of then when that doesn't work then they give you the deal ,

If you had left in a few months time sky would send you a deal of all subscriptions half price , plus free HD box

A

Anonymous

Anyone know if this is this the norm or just good luck?

(Just wondering as my Sky HD box is one year old this week so is out of warranty.)

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Its not the 'norm' no... Its pot luck as to whether you get offered a retention deal or not.

OK - cheers daveh75.

A

Anonymous

if you pay on time , most companies will try to keep your business , broadband , tv , mobile phone , whatever , when you try to cancel you are put through to the "member save" departement , not always called that but its the same thing .. people who earn more money if they keep you with them , they have a certain amount of "sweeteners" that they can use to keep you on board , whether they are used up or not in any given month often dictates whether they can "bend the rules" for you
emotion-15.gif

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I have been with Sky for 5 years and have the 'full monty' (Sky HD with all packages and a Sky+ in mutiroom). Having read this I phoned Sky and now have a free upgrade to Sky HD with brand new box in mutiroom with no installation fee.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:I have been with Sky for 5 years and have the 'full monty' (Sky HD with all packages and a Sky+ in mutiroom). Having read this I phoned Sky and now have a free upgrade to Sky HD with brand new box in mutiroom with no installation fee.

happy days
emotion-19.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

grdunn123:I have been with Sky for 5 years and have the 'full monty' (Sky HD with all packages and a Sky+ in mutiroom). Having read this I phoned Sky and now have a free upgrade to Sky HD with brand new box in mutiroom with no installation fee.

Hi

Can i just ask how much they are charging you for that second mutiroom sky hd box a month?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123:£0 for 6 months, then normal £10 thereafter if I choose to keep it

So is that £10 solely for the additional HD channel package? Are you now paying £20 for both boxes for the HD channels?

A

Anonymous

Thought i'd let everyone know this if they are in the same situation.

Also they did offer a free installation of multi room but i had no need for it so declined.

Thinking about it again i should have taken them up, as it was six months free then £60 cost

i could have had a spare HD box.
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts