Technical question/s about recording from hd source

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there everyone this has been making me think a lot lately.

and many google searches have proved contradictory so here we go.

if I were to use a 2 to 1 hdmi spliter but run it in reverse i.e. 1 input 2 output

then connect the input to my ps3 and then 1 output to my tv and the other to my laptop I could then record Whatever my ps3 was outputting on to my laptop and also watch it on't tv?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the reply, think i may have over complicated my question.

The ps3 would be the 1 source with the laptop and tv as the 2 outputs.

and if whatever it was i was recording was not copy protected would hdcp still stop the recording of the hd input?

A

Anonymous

Ok how about this then.

Same as above.

PS3 = source

Source split using hdmi splitter to 2 outputs

output 1 hdtv using hdmi cable

output 2 dvd recorder (with component in ) using hdmi to component cable.

Could this work?

A

Anonymous

Seems I may never find an answer.

would i better trying a different Forum?

can anyone recommend any?

thanks

A

Anonymous

The simple answer is:

HD TV systems are made to prevent recording/copying. The ways to bypass this that I know of, only support SD video.

If there are ways to do HD recording/copying, they're probably both complicated and expensive.

A

Anonymous

By the way Im not trying to do owt illegal here like copy films. all I want to do is record some game play.

daveh75

You could use the Hauppage HD PVR, but a simple HDMI to component cable wouldn't work- Firstly because of the HDCP and secondly the D to A conversion needed.

So you would need an HDCP stripper/HDMI to component converter like the HDFury 2 at around £140. So with that and the Hauppauge you're looking at the best part £300 just to be able to record HD
emotion-3.gif

You also need to check the specs of your PC,as i believe the HD PVR requires a relatively quick processor.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Why not use the VGA out on your laptop to send picture to the TV. Then you have the signal from the console into your laptop where, presumably, you have a way to record the gameplay but your laptop display is using the TV as an external monitor?

Just a thought

A

Anonymous

would a hdmi to dvi work to connect the console to the laptop?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts