Teac system, what do you think?

buddy1

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw this on Amazon and the reviews were positive.

Teac LPP- 1000 Audio System

I know some "purists" are not keen on all in one systems but I wondered if anyone had experience of this model?

Thanks for your help.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you don't already own any hifi components and you're looking for a cheap and cheerful all in one option you could be laughing. On paper its features seem to tick many boxes but how well does it do any particular thing, probably not very well. I feel that you'll probably simply want to start upgrading individual components once its limitations hit home and in this case it could be a .false economy you'll end up regretting.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've no experience of that model, but my Dad does own the LPR500. He likes it, and thinks it sounds good, but he is as deaf as a post, so I tend not to listen to his opinion on Hi-Fi matters. *smile*

It is what it is, and I guess the 1000 would sound a bit better, but if you're thinking of using it to play your records, I'd think again, because it's not going to do them a lot of good in the long run, and it's definitely not going to sound anywhere near as good as a decent seperate system.

If £250 is about your budget, and you want an all in one which includes a turntable, it might be worth checking the second hand market for something of much better quality.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Teac LP-P1000 turntable uses a sapphire stylus (STL-103, Sapphire) for LPs and EPs. (Stylus life = 50 hours).

It uses a diamond stylus (SPL-102) for SPs. (stylus life = 100 hours).

You will need to buy a shed-load of replacement stylii if you intend to play a lot of records.

A normal hi-fi stylus would be expected to last for around 1000 - 1500 hours assuming careful use and correct set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts