Tape monitor settings question?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i have my headphone amp conected to my tape monitor out socket - when the tape monitor button is pressed it turns off the speakers and i can just hear the headphones - if i turn it back on i can hear the speakers again but also still hear the headphones - thought they would go off? Is that right?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:i have my headphone amp conected to my tape monitor out socket - when the tape monitor button is pressed it turns off the speakers and i can just hear the headphones - if i turn it back on i can hear the speakers again but also still hear the headphones - thought they would go off? Is that right?

Unless your amp has separate record and listen selectors - and given that it has a tape monitor button I guess it doesn't - then the tape out sockets will always be 'live' and outputting whichever source is selected on the main input selector.

The tape monitor button switches the amp's output to use the tape monitor 'in' sockets, to which of course you have nothing connected, so no sound through the speakers..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts