Tannoy XTF; is it realy so good?

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The Tannoy XT6F is Speaker of the year. In a grouptest in HifiChoice the XT8F was the winner. But isn't this a very bright sounding speaker like MA Silver 6? Or only a speaker for classical music and not for rock? A dealer here means if this speaker then with NAD amp. My amp is Denon 1520AE.

obiwan kenobi said:
The Tannoy XT6F is Speaker of the year. In a grouptest in HifiChoice the XT8F was the winner. But isn't this a very bright sounding speaker like MA Silver 6? Or only a speaker for classical music and not for rock? A dealer here means if this speaker then with NAD amp. My amp is Denon 1520AE.

The XT8F is the better speaker but it is in a completely different price bracket and I can recall neither being overly bright, nor can I recall any review I have read saying so. If it was then neither would have got winner status.

obiwan kenobi said:
How does it sounds with Rock and compare with MA and Focal?

I cannot really answer that as what I hear may not be what you hear in your particular listening room with your equipment.

I can only say, in their price bracket, I prefer them to either MA or Focal (which can be a tad bright).

TRENDING THREADS