Tannoy revolutions xt6f vs precision 6.2

insa

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I would like to ask if any of you have compared both pairs of speakers? which are better?

My amp is pm8005.

Most important is 3d sound stage for me. Precisions are cheaper in UK now. Regular price is about 2500 EUR while in special offer is 1125 EUR for now. xt6f cos about 1500 Eur .

I didnt get answer in any forums in my country.

Thanks,

Peter

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Out with the old and in with the new is what we're seeing here I think. Dealers like to clear stock of older product lines so as not to hamper sales of the latest and greatest. Not good if the older product is the main competitor of the new one! I haven't heard these speakers but the 6.2 was very well reviewed at its original price so I imagine it's a safe bet. It was far more expensive than the XT 6F.

Sometimes there will be an overlap of new products replacing old like this so bargains can be had. I picked up my brand new Roksan K2 BT for £450. It was being cleared to make way for the newly released K3 which is priced at £1250. The K3 does not sound 3 times better than the K2 BT.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The xt6f are cheaper in the UK than the 6.2. There are a few 6.2 in walnut available for £799, the gloss finishes still seem to be around £1,500.

I have not heard them, I ahve heard the 6.1 which were quite good.

Going on prices and reviews I would buy the 6.2s esp. if they are cheaper.

But I would try to hear some Kefs as well.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ive listened to the 6.2s and they are great speakers - for me they are in the same class as my kef r series speakers - ive never listened to the XT6F yet and im sure they are very good but they are a more budget speaker than the precision series- they are a replacement for the DC6T series.

Either way you cant go wrong - but id rather have the more higher class speaker

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts