Tannoy HTS-101 and Yamaha RVX-673

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I'd like to audition the above Tannoy speakers but am a little unsure which might be the best AV receiver to match with it. I'm thinking about the Yamaha RVX-673, but from what I've read, together the sound might be a bit warm when coupled together. The alternatives in terms of the amps could be a Onkyo, Pioneer or Sony which are potentially a better match. Any initial advice to narrow down the choices would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tannoy F series with Pioneer go quite well together having owned both in the past together. I sold the whole system to a friend who got some DC4 tannoys as Front L/R as a replacement speakers about a year later & it sounds even better now.
smiley-laughing.gif

Regards ...

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply f1only. I haven't seen too many great reviews of budget range Pioneer AV amps. Are there any out there which you'd recommend for an audition?

Thanks,

mike

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You can always look at last years offerings at knock down prices. For example some of the Yamaha AVENTAGE range, the 1010 & the 810 can be had for good money all depending on your budget of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts