admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Heard the Tannoys last year and thought they were great speakers at the normall £rrp. No avaialble for silly money I am sorely tempted. My question is are they too big to be used in a cluttered 4m x 3m room and placed close to the rear wall?

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Nice speakers but designed for larger rooms. Would have thought that something more like tannoy F1's or Diamond 9's would suit that sort of room. Incidentally, they are all forward port designs, so should not be too problematic placing near the wall.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Terryff. Pretty much I as thought. Shame really as they are cracking speakers for such a crazy price

A

Anonymous

Depends what you mean by "cluttered". In an average room that size the F4's will be fine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all replies.

By cluttered I mean:

PC, chair & computer desk in one corner, armchair, bookcases / cd storage around most of the walls, Sound Organisation hi-fi rack with Epos ELS3 peakers on Atacama stands and are placed about 20cm from rear wall.

A

Anonymous

That sounds pretty cluttered! Though if you feel you have the room to make the most of standmounters in the space and there would be nothing directly obstructing the lower drivers I would say go for it. Me? I think I'd go standmount.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Octopo. Looks like srandmounters are the way to go. Listen to mainly Indie and Americana. have an Audiolab 8000s / DACMagic & Lossles files / Pro-Ject Xpression II Tutntable / Cambridge 640p phono stage / Epos ELS 3 speakers on Atacama stands.

Need speakers with a little bit more welly but without losing the Epos's rhythm and detail. System sounds great with acoustic music but maybe need nore weight for Indie rock. Funds are limited at present and can probably go too £200. I am aware that this will only be a sideways move but a different presentation might be just the ticket.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts