TACIMA MAINS LEADS advice???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all,

I've been a little nervous about posting this, given the visceral opposition to mains products some posts contain (which I really don't want to re-ignite here). However, here goes...

I'm in the last stages of setting up my new system (PDP 5090 screen, SC-LX71 receiver, BDP-LX71 bluray and Sky+HD). I've gone for the Tacima mains block, but I'm thinking about upgrading to screened mains cables from that block to each component just to ensure there's no chance of interference between the various wires I'm still trying to conceal at the back of my kit rack (interconnects, mains and speaker cables) . I've noticed that Tacima make their own range of cables (http://www.tacima.com/mains_cond4.html), which I can pick up for around £27/cable. Anyone tried them? Would mean a reasonable saving over the Clearer Audio Copper-line Alphas I'm also considering, given the need to buy quite a few and diminishing funds, but I'd rather pay the extra if anyone's tried them and found them wanting.

A

Anonymous

Hi, you have probably seen some of my previous posts on this subject.
The big question, how bad is your Mains supply?

I would take things one step at a time, see how the Tacima 929 performs, and does it improve things.
Next if it is straight forward enough to do, get an electrician to run a Mains 40A cabled Spur off the 1st Bus point on the rail in the consumer unit or even better a dedicated supply feed.

All the best

A

Anonymous

DawnandJim:
Hi to all,

I've been a little nervous about posting this, given the visceral opposition to mains products some posts contain (which I really don't want to re-ignite here). However, here goes...

I'm in the last stages of setting up my new system (PDP 5090 screen, SC-LX71 receiver, BDP-LX71 bluray and Sky+HD). I've gone for the Tacima mains block, but I'm thinking about upgrading to screened mains cables from that block to each component just to ensure there's no chance of interference between the various wires I'm still trying to conceal at the back of my kit rack (interconnects, mains and speaker cables) . I've noticed that Tacima make their own range of cables (http://www.tacima.com/mains_cond4.html), which I can pick up for around £27/cable. Anyone tried them? Would mean a reasonable saving over the Clearer Audio Copper-line Alphas I'm also considering, given the need to buy quite a few and diminishing funds, but I'd rather pay the extra if anyone's tried them and found them wanting.

I've got two - one on my CD, one on my amp. I like them but I paid a good deal less than £27 by searching, although it was a while ago via a reseller on amazon. Thought they would be a good match and they were.

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
trevor79:I would take things one step at a time, see how the Tacima 929 performs

I agree with Trevors comment above.

I have a Pioneer Screen and theÿClearer Audio Copper-line Alphas made a massive difference, it also would sound good on the Amp, although I found only very small changes to my Pioneer Blu ray Player.

The Cleaer Audio Silver-line mains lead worked wonders on my amp, different league than thÿCopper-line Alpha

A

Anonymous

Thanks to everyone for posting their advice. Very useful!!! Ideally, being able to audition the leads would make sense given people's comments (not a problem with the Clearer Audio, I know, but possibly more tricky with the Tacimas). The mains block did seem to make a difference, with the screen particularly, so definitely worth exploring. Not sure I could stretch to the Silver-lines at the moment, though they do sound tempting. Decisions, decisions!!

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts