Tacima and other units

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Whilst being rather sceptical about certain things i.e. hdmi leads, speaker cable claims etc, I did warm to the idea of having a mains conditioner unit and recently purchased the Tacima 929 conditioner from ebay. Can't really say I noticed any great improvement in audio quality from the Denon DM37, maybe a slight improvement on the TV picture when watching DVD. I'm not in the least bit disappointed though as surge protection is essential anyway and the RFI filtering may be helping things. However, we've now just gone through the February 'change the furniture around scenario' which puts TV, DVD and V+ box at other end of room from the Denon. The Tacima has moved with the above equipment. Thinking that buying another Tacima with 6 mains outputs is a bit 'overkill' for just the Denon unit, a trawl through Ebay (search Mains Filters) found a unit called MAINTRAB. It has just arrived, so haven't usd it yet. It appears to be a well constucted unit which just plugs into a mains socket with a single mains output built into it. I particularly like the fact that it comes with a circuit diagram and full explanation of how it works. Cost £6.99 + postage

Anyone else out there used one of these yet?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Is that to say then that one would only notice a difference with more 'up market' kit. Can't see why the manufacturers don't build RFI filtration into their equipment, especially at the top end of the market.

Messiah

True but it is still a topic of hot debate. Some thinks it makes a difference and some don't.

I have a Tacima but do I think it has made a great deal of improvement - not really.(But how big an improvement can we expect?? ) However in a way it improves the system as I am safe in the knowledge that I have a Tacima!

I also have some Merlin cables but I replaced my standard cables with them at the same time as my speaker cables and interconnects so although the sound was much better on my system, how much of this was down to the mains cables is not certain. Again I expect not a lot.

I am going to the Bristol Show though and this is one of the areas I am definitely going to investigate!!

(I would also add that even the guy at Merlin said that at this price point (the Merlin's were £35 each) there was only a little that could be done (not to say the sound/picture would not be improved though) but he did say the more expensive cables do give a marked improvement - again I will be checking this out!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts