Taboo artists/albums...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the ones you absolutely love/loved but too ashamed to admit having.

Back in 79 I was given Carpenters 'Passage' album. Must've had it 20 years before confessing to friends. Likewise I purchased Abba: The Album. I would deny ever owning these as I was a Mod, into The Jam, Lambrettas, Dexy's, Squeeze etc etc., and having Abba and Carpenter albums would make you the local leper.

Let's hear yours. :rockout:

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Belinda Carlisle - Essential

Mel. C - Northern Star

Natalie Imbruglia - Left of the Middle

:oops:

I also own ABBA Gold and a few Madonna albums but these aren't really embarrasing IMO.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Jonathan King's Greatest Hits (surprised I haven't had this confiscated by the police)

Several James Last and Klaus Wunderlich albums. Wife has a Lina Zaveroni LP that someone bought her as a birthday present when she was about 10.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I own 3 A-ha albums, Hunting High & Low, Scoundrel Days, and Headlines & Deadlines (best of), just something about them I like.

Was always a little embarrassed about it, until I saw a list of John Peel's albums, and he owned at least one too, so it must be cool.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
... the ones you absolutely love/loved but too ashamed to admit having.

Back in 79 I was given Carpenters 'Passage' album. Must've had it 20 years before confessing to friends. Likewise I purchased Abba: The Album. I would deny ever owning these as I was a Mod, into The Jam, Lambrettas, Dexy's, Squeeze etc etc., and having Abba and Carpenter albums would make you the local leper.

Let's hear yours. :rockout:

Truly taboo: Charles Manson's recordings. And perhaps Wild Man Fischer LPs. He wasn't very well, I don't think.

Likewise, My Beauty - Kevin Rowland's painful to listen second solo LP. Painful as in the man was suffering extreme mental collapse or so it seemed. Anything post Pet Sounds with Brian Wilson's name on it.

In the sense I think you intended: I'd admit to a smattering of Olivia Newton John LPs.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I own 3 A-ha albums, Hunting High & Low, Scoundrel Days, and Headlines & Deadlines (best of), just something about them I like.

Was always a little embarrassed about it, until I saw a list of John Peel's albums, and he owned at least one too, so it must be cool.

+1

I was really in to Madness, The Specials, The Cure, etc. But I loved Aha!

Hunting High and Low, Scoundrel Days. Great tunes!

It is strange. Abba, unless you're of a certain age or genre, most would, at the time, deny any affection for the group. However now, it's pretty trendy to like the Abbas of the world. Likewise over the past 10 years or so I've inherited 4 Carpenter albums, and don't give a hoot who knows...

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I love Girls Aloud....Yey!!!!

Now I've got Transvision Vamp spinning and love it too!

Edit: And I'm not ashamed/embarrassed to admit it either!

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
steve_1979 said:

There is nothing shameful about this at all, it's a great album.

I think it's a great album too. :)

Just had the feeling that because she became famous as a soap star before she was a musician it might have been a bit taboo. Probably just me being a bit silly.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
John Duncan said:
steve_1979 said:

There is nothing shameful about this at all, it's a great album.

I think it's a great album too. :)

Just had the feeling that because she became famous as a soap star before she was a musician it might have been a bit taboo. Probably just me being a bit silly.

That only applies to Kylie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts