Systemdek IIX turntable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I just picked up the Systemdek turntable with a Linn Basik LVX tonearm. I got it for a penny under £60. Does anyone know anything about these turntables and know if it was the bargain I think it was?

Any info or members experience of these would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Yes, fantastic bargain. I had one for many years until I upgraded two years ago to a Clearaudio Performance. My one had the Linn arm and the sound was really nice. Make sure you adjust the platter so that its level (there are adjustment screws underneath the platter) and set the tracking weight and anti-skate to the correct settings. I would also advise getting a new belt and cartridge so that you get the best out of the turntable. I think I have a spare belt somewhere!! will check later. Enjoy
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I know absolutely nothing about turntables at all. How do I set up tracking etc? Where would I go for a new belt and what sort of cartridge would you recommend? Sorry for all the questions but as I said this is my first 'proper' turntable.

John Duncan

Ha, sure I've got a belt lying about as well
emotion-2.gif

However, a search for 'systemdek belt' on a well known auction site returns several results. As for cartridges, you could spend up to a couple of hundred quid to good effect, but I'd recommend (from cheap to expensive) Audio Technica AT95E, Ortofon 2M Red, denon DL110, blah blah...

Setup is crucial with this deck though, yeah, and it's not the easiest I've ever done, seeing as you have to take the platter off to level it....

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mr Duncan. Can you tell me how i'd go about setting up tracking weight ,anti skating etc.I got a hold of a systemdeck manual and there is nothing to tell me how to do this. A link to a setup procedure or something would be great. Sorry again for being so clueless!!

A

Anonymous

Ive had a look aswell and ill have a go at it. TBH it does sound good as is.

Shadow audio isnt far from me so im goin to call them when im lookin to replace the cartridge and see if theyll set it up for me at the same time.

I dont know what model is on it at present. Its an orange Audio Technica one.Shadow Audio deal in Goldring carts so ill have a look for reviews for these, aswell as the ones mentioned in this post. Thanks again for your help and advice.

Time for an early evening glass of red and give my new Kraftwerk Man Machine vinyl a spin!!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts