System upgrade

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for an upgrade to improve the sound seperation Any suggestions ? System: Cambridge 640C v2, Cambridge 540A v2, Monitor Audio BR5, QED Silver Anniversary, Cambridge Azur Interconnect, Atacama Equinox 2 Music: Smooth Jazz

A

Anonymous

Cheers for adding system info...I'd be inclined to upgrade the amp. You'll find that the sound should be more focused and also separated. Although the source will play a major role in this, a weak amp will not give you the sound stage definition to do it justice. Although I'm biased, I would take a look at the Rotel range, in particular the RA06. I have the eq. RA03 and MA speakers and listen to jazz...works well!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
With that system i'd look to upgrade the amp and CD player to the NAD C352 amp and the C542 CD player as wel as looking to upgrade the speakers to the Monitor Audio RS6 speakers

Superfi offer a very good deal on the NAD CD and Amp combo saving a fair whack and they would suit your music and the speakers very well.

Youll be surprised at how much difference there is between the BR5s and the RS6's

you could possibly keep the cable you have currently but look to upgrade the interconnect. The Van Den Hul 'the name' or QED Quenex 3 interconnects are very good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts