System Set up advice please.

gellie

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello I'm about to purchase a Oppo 105 and id like your advice.

Im still trying to figure ot the best connections for best Audio and Video: Display LG 9600 55 Marantz SR7005 Squeezebox touch Currently hooked into AVR via RCA Apple TV currently hooked into AVR via HDMI Verizon Fios hooked into AVR vis HDMI. Thanks again.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Definitely plug your Squeezebox into the 105, then you'll be using the DAC in the 105 to decode your music. Likewise with the Apple TV, if you are using that for music. I'm afraid I don't know what a Verizon Fios is.
You should plug the 105 into the receiver either via HDMI, or the analogue outs (lots of cables). If you use the analogue outs, it would mean that the 105 would be doing all the processing, video and sound.
Hope this helps a little. There are lots of options, and far too many for me to go through whilst I'm at work ;)

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to say, plug the Squeezebox into the 105 from it's digital outs, either optical or coax. I found coax to be best. Or you could perform the EDO update on the Touch, and then use USB. I've just tried this with good results. Google Squeezebox EDO to find out all about it.
Remember, Google is your friend!

gellie

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you FisherKing,

The Fios a motorola cable box. that is currently hooked into my Marantz, . I like the idea of hooking the touch into the Oppo via HDMI/EOD to utilize the DAC.

i'm mostly using the apple TV for streaming movies. Do you think if it matters weather I hook it into the Oppo or marantz?

I terms of listening to music from the oppo, what is the best way to hook it into the Marantz? 2 channel or 5.1/7.1 analog from Oppo to Marantz? I like the option of sometines utilizing the sub, If i just use the 2 channel i wont be able to do that?

Thanks again

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Probably best to plug the ATV into the 105 as well via HDMI, and let it do the video processing and the Verizon.
The audio question would probably be suck it and see really. I think if I had a 105 I'd be tempted to use it to do everything, and have the connected to the 7005 via analogue.

TRENDING THREADS