System matching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last weekend I visited my local hifi stores. 2 options left to be my speakers, Dali Ikon (6s as mains) or Monitor Audio RX (6s as mains again =)). What will be the ideal receiver together with these speakers?

Am I right that monitor audio and yamaha is a good mix and dalis are better with pioneer?

What about the models... all I want is to get the best out of speakers, but still not too much "unused" potential left from receiver's point of point of view. Suggestions?

A

Anonymous

I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this as well, im in the same boat looking for a decent reciever to partner the MA RX6's. im considering the yamaha RX-V2065 denon 2310 or maybe the marantz 6004.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,I am no expert and in fact over the last few weeks have been trying match my speakers and amp.

I've heard the RX-V1065 with the Monitors RX6 and was thoroughly impressed. It depends on the music you like, and I demo'd it with songs like Eagles Hotel California Live, Paul Simon's Graceland and Jennifer Warne's the Hunter. And boy, it was good. In terms of movies, Transformers Two - the sound was lively.

Stig, my options were exactly yours... 2310 vs 6004 vs 2065 with a pair of B&W CM7. In the end I settled with the Yamaha. And I'm not disappointed. The Denon with the Monitors also sound great, but in terms of value (i.e South African prices) and features I stuck with the Yamaha RX-V2065. Just make sure you are happy with the all the features or lack that one may have over the other.

I've also heard that Yamaha and Monitors are a good match. And I agree. Of course it depends on what sounds good to you.

A

Anonymous

I tested RX6's with Yamaha's 3900 ('cause currently a bargain) and was really impressed. More than RX6's with Marantz 6004 and Onkyo's 707 (807 was not available to be heard). But I would like to test Pioneer (52/72/82) before making a decision.

But which speakers are the best match with Pio's amps? Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

if you do test the pioneers could you let us know the outcome as these are also a contender now the rx range are not as bright and would look great along side my pioneer blu ray.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

WHF team when you yested the rx6 speakers which amp/receiver did you use to come to your five star verdict?

A

Anonymous

Damn good question, THESTIG08 :)

Like to add to WHF, what were your speakers when giving 5 starts to pioneer SC-LX82?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Pioneer was meaty enough to drive both our reference AV set-up (Morduant Short Performance 6 package) and a range of price-compatible speakers - the Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 is a barnstorming partner, for example.

A

Anonymous

thanks clare, i have ruled out the marantz so its now time to demo the denon yamaha and pioneer, i think my credit card is about to go into serious overdrive
emotion-2.gif
. just out of curiosity what would be your choice?

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if I sound crazy but can you clarify what Barnstorming and Pipes mean to us readers from North America
emotion-10.gif

Is Barnstorming a very good thing? and when you say Pipes is it referring to beats it by just a little.

Thanks I normally can figure them out but some words have evaded me.

emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Boca:

Sorry if I sound crazy but can you clarify what Barnstorming and Pipes mean to us readers from North America
emotion-10.gif

Is Barnstorming a very good thing? and when you say Pipes is it referring to beats it by just a little.

emotion-2.gif

Boca

Barnstorming means about as good as it gets, truly fantastic.

The same word was used to describe my sub the B&W PV1.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Boca:
emotion-10.gif

emotion-2.gif

Yep, barnstorming means outstanding, in a gutsy way!

And pips does indeed mean to beat something, but by a slim margin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts