System Matching - Problem Of My Own

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi WhatHifi Forum Users -

I have just purchased a Cyrus Pre VS2 for use with my HDD Music System - Lossless Audio Files. I have the GS Surround package and was going to use my GS 10s (Rears) as the speakers used for my HDD Music System. Firstly - is this a bad system match as the Cyrus can lean towards a high treble as well as the GS10 speakers.I would prefer to get a Cyrus power amplifier as I want to keep things looking in sync with one another. 8 Power or X Power I think....

Is this not a wise choice - can cables rectify my eventual 'high treble harshness' problem without the need to change the gear?

Excellent system matching article in this months magazine has raised my own questions :)

Thx

A

Anonymous

Any Cyrus users on today?....
emotion-2.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
An 8 or an X would do the job - always get the best you can!

You could try Van Den Hul as their cles tend to be smoother than others - usually a little too smooth, but in these instances are ideal. Or look around for old Cable Talk Concert 2 - extremely smooth and warm.

Toeing the MA's in can help smooth them off a little if they're near the side walls.

A

Anonymous

Thx Frank - I shall try the combination with those cable options and see my results. I normally use Chord cables, but dont think they would suit the Cyrus combination. What about the Cyrus cables? I know What Hifi recommend these cables - but what are the overall characteristics of these cables and has anyone used these in their system?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts