System audio speakers...

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone who has experience with system audio speakers? Are they worth the 600 euros? I can barely find any reviews on the internet....thank you in advanced for your opinions! :cheers:

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Danish speakers with Scan-Speak drivers. How bad can they possibly be?
wink.gif

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have avalable for audiotioning the sa 505 and and the sa 705...both on the 600 euros price...and I am considering the focal chorus 705 to...do you think that they will beat the focal in comparison? I mean...focan has the fame...but the sa seems very apealing...

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi maxpain,

Last year, I heard the System Audio Pandion 2. If you can judge the rest of the range based on this speaker (it's in a higher price bracket though), then they should be very good. These speakers seem to be conceived with 'real living rooms' in mind; they behave well close to the front wall. Which is a plus for us, normal people.

Any chance to audition (in your room, with your amp) before you have to decide?

:cheers:

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your feedback. I have listened them in compare with focal chorus 705 and they sounded a litle bit more ''open'' and ''airy''. Focal had a more full and contained sound but seemed to have more bass. I am going to combine them with the nad d 3020 (connections and very litle room space). I have heared them along with a nad amp I think it was the C326BEE and the emploee said that it should sound very similar to the d 3020(any coments on that?). Unfortunately I cant even hear the d 3020 becaouse it is not for audiotioning and I dont have the option to take the spaekrs home with me to test them. They are also back ported and the focal's are fron ported. But the impression was that because of their more open sound they will last more in time when it comes to excitment. I also heared the ma rx1 but wasnt impressed.It is essential that they are going to play ball with the nad becaouse I really cant aford a much bigger aplifier in size I am very contained in space. Cheers :cheers:

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, no home demo then. But you might take your NAD to the shop, to at least try how it controls the speakers, right? You could then try to mimic your situation in the shop, putting the speakers as close to the wall as you would at home, keeping the distance between the speakers and between speakers and listening seat somewhat similar too. Probably the next best thing to do...

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well,the only avalable ready to go nad d 3020 is in this shop...and they dont have it for audiotioning...so the only way is to actually buy it first and then try it with the speakers. Maby I am going to do just that. What matters the most to me is how they stand up against the focals. According to everyone oppinions they should be equally good if not better so I am going to have a last audition tomorrow and decide by instict.Cheers :cheers:

Arcamadeus

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
My experience with System-Audio Mantra 50 speakers which I purchased last December is an extremely positive one and my experience dates back to 1978 with great speaker purchases starting with B&W DM7 on to Time Windows, then Proac Tablettes followed by Meadowlark Shearwaters just to name a few.

I discovered System-Audio at a number of hi-fi shows where the differences in high-end speaker cables and interconnects were demonstrated exclusively through SA speakers because of their ligthening fast response offering the accuracy and detail needed to show why high-end cable X was better than high-end cable Y both costing thousands...

The fact that SA floorstanders are very room friendly both sonically and from an interior design perspective is an added bonus.

egoBen

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have also listened to System Audio and especially the Mantra series and I think they are great. I have compared them to Dynaudio's Focus series and I think System Audio is a bit better and is much easier to drive, works excellent with tube amps for instance. They have a very "rock n roll" type of sound, fun to listen to, "fast" and clear bass but also like Dynaudio soft in the highs (not overly so!) and the soundstage is big and warm. I have been very close to buying either Mantra 60 or lately the smaller Mantra 50. Highly recommend to give them a listen!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts