System advice please :-)

mrtsbrother

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. This Christmas I am hoping to get back into my vinyl and to facilitate this I will be getting a new turntable. After having a good look around I think I will be getting the rega rp1 and matching phono pre amp. I won't have the money to get a whole new system at this point so am thinking of plugging this into my existing technics mini system St HD 350. I have two questions;

1. Will I get a reasonable sound from my existing system for the time being

2. What do people suggest I get in the longer term to complement the table for the best quality sound. I would only want small speakers and listen to a wide range of music. My room is small 4m x 4m Max.

Thanks for your thoughts

Nick.

mrtsbrother

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Just to add, I have been looking at the Q acoustics 2020i speakers, which seem to deliver the clear crisp sound that I am after (the variety of music I listed to does not linclude bass-heavy dub step type stuff, and I am not so fussed about low-end performance).

Any comments on this potential pairing with the Rega?

mrtsbrother

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As far as amps go I will be using the regs phone pre amp mini + my mini system to start with them I assume it will be worth my while getting a separate amP in the long run?

Headphones isn't where I want to be to be honest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts