Synergy in Home Cinema

Tonestar1

Was just pondering this and I wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?

In hi-fi synergy is key. You need to carefully match components to ensure you achieve the sound you want.

I have not once read of any sort of matching recommendations between amp and tv, bd and tv or bd and amp. Why is this?

Is it because synergy doesn't matter in Home Cinema? Does the fact that everything is digital negate synergy?

Thoughts and opinions please.

Cheers

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I think there are often recommendations between amps/receivers and speaker packages. As far as BD and TV are concerned an amp shouldn't really have an impact on the picture quality of either (other than upscaling).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There will always be a synergy value between amplifiers and speakers, whether the components are AV or hi-fi. Careful matching is needed to make sure the speakers are being driven and controlled sufficiently, and also to make sure the system is balanced, and one product isn't outlcassing another.

I do think it's more important in hi-fi than AV though.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Indeed. The system recommendations in the mag don't simply lump together well reviewed components in similar price brackets, they also consider how well the components integrate.

TRENDING THREADS