surround sound and hi fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Its many thousands of years since I last looked at a proper pair of speakers, namely AR9, best ever speakers. Anyway about my dilemma I am about to purchase a reasonably 50 inch 1080 plasma tv and I am interested in putting a Ruark Vita 100 speaker system to it. My question really is what should I do for an amplifier so that her indoors can listen to her crappy music as well as the tv. I on the other hand want to produce a smooth sound for use with films on the tv along with dvd cd ipod etc any help please to a newcommer to the forum

andy

A

Anonymous

Done a bit of seaching and come up with a sony STR DG820

can any one say yes or no to this amp and the above speakers etc

andy

A

Anonymous

thanks for your help this must be the best forum in the world brilliant

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Based on the price of the Sony you've quoted (you didn't mention your budget) I think your best option for an AV amp with these speakers would be the Denon AVR-1910, if too much, the AVR-1610. I'm personally not a fan of Denon, not because they're kit is bad, but it's smooth sound doesn't appeal to me. However, having owned a pair of Ruark speakers in the past, they're sonically at the other end of the sound spectrum to Denon. As such, a match between the two is likely to give you as near to smooth sound as you're going to get using Ruark speakers. I would add that the Ruark speaker package is probably more capable than a £350 AV amp and won't give it's full potential with an amp in that price range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts