surround sound amplifier

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I am having great difficulty getting a Yamaha AX 763 ( £300 approx) surround sound amplifier - I have been waiting about 10 weeks - the problem the company says is Yamaha is slow release from Yamaha. The reason I need this amplifier is as well as surround sound I want to use the pre out connections in this amplifier and connect to an input of my Cyrus 3 Amp - this will drive front speakers as CD player is connected to the Cyrus 3.

Anyway What Hi Fi just annouced the other day Yamaha is about to realease its 2009 models in July -

Yamaha RX-V465: £350

5.1, 105W/channel, HD audio decoding, 1080p-compatible HDMI (four in/one out), YPAO sound optimisation, new Scene functionality, 17 Cinema DSP modes.

Would this particular model guessing by price be equivalent of the AX 763 and would I be safe to assume it will come with the Pre out connections (other surround sound amplifiers don't have this)? An advantage of the newer models is they have in built tuners AX 763 does not - which would mean I could get rid of my arcan alpha 5 tuner - saving much needed space. However it say it is not DAB radio not too sure about DAB radio and what it is.

My thought is do I can my present order and hold off for the newer model - but would I get it in July?

Any advice appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Yamaha has had it really good this year with their AV Receivers. I'd be really surprised if you were able to get hold of their new models fairly quickly.

If you're interested, there is an AX-763 on E-Bay. 4 months old.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts