suround sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could any one give me some advice on how to use my hi fi speakers as my front speakers for 5 speaker home cinema system?

I am using marantz pm 7200 amp and a sony av receiver str-da1200es.

Anybody got any ideas.

Thanks

Pete

A

Anonymous

connect a power amp to the pre outs off the sony receiver. then connect your stereo pair to that.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure how RJL's advice helps you much, to be frank.

I'd run the front L/R preouts of the Sony into one of the line-ins of the Marantz, set the Marantz volume to about 10 o'clock, and keep your front speakers connected to the stereo amp, along with your music sources. Then run the Sony's automatic set-up.

Now all you have to do is select the correct input and set the volume to 10 o'clock every time you want to watch movies, and use the Marantz as normal when you want to play music.

Best of both worlds...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew, sorry to dig up an old one but I have the Creek Evo amp (volume 0-80), when you say set the volume to the 10 O'clock position, what number on the Evo would you suggest? Also, I have RS6s that I will be using as my front speakers, will they overpower my Jamo centre and rears? I will upgrade eventually but would like to keep them for a little while.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]what number on the Evo would you suggest?[/quote]

At a guess, about 30-40.

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]
Also, I have RS6s that I will be using as my front speakers, will they
overpower my Jamo centre and rears?[/quote]

No problem with the rears, but you really need to upgrade the centre to match the RS6s or the balance across the front soundstage will be very odd indeed.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I'm pleased about the rears as that saves me money and hassle. I don't fancy the looks of the RSLCR on my cabinet. Would a wall mounted R250 be ok do you think?[/quote]

Better than the Jamo, but not ideal

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The missus is going to kill me!!! Is there any other centre speaker you can recommend that would blend with the RS6s? If not, I will bite the bullet but it would be great if there was a slim, shiny, piano black speaker out there that would hit the spot.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]Don't worry Andrew, a call to Sevenoaks and I've got one (RSLCR) for £187 - excellent price.[/quote]

Good work, that man!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts