Suitable Amplifier, Speakers for a Sony CDP-XB930 CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have to decided to start using a Sony CDP-XB930 CD Player which I bought new years ago but never got around to using, What sort of amplifier should I be considering and possibly speakers? I thought about a Yamaha A-S500 for an Amplifier, but I am not sure about the speakers.

A

Anonymous

IIRC it was a good CDP and was fairly well reviewd so I'd say amps around the Yamaha AS500 level would be a good idea (also consider the Marantz PM6003, NAD C326BEE and the Rotel RAo4SE amps as well)

As for speakers; again at this level the world could be your oyster

It'd be handy to know what your overall budget is and also what music you generally listen to? Also; are you after floorstanding or standmount speakers.

Dont forget to budget for speaker cable (i.e. QED Silver Anniversary or Chord Carnival Silverscreen etc... and interconnects (Chord CrimsonPlus/Atlas Equator MkII etc...)

T

the record spot

Depends on the sound you're after - get as good an amp as you can afford; apparently the Yammy is a tad on the bright side, so this might influence your thinking when you look to buy speakers. No need to go wild on the cables side, but opinions vary on this. I use well constructed generic brands and they work as well as the named and significantly more expensive varieties. The core components are by far and away the most important along with speaker positioning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts