Suggestions for new speakers for Marantz CD63KI & PM66KI

atkrhome

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am on the hunt for some new speakers to link up with my Marantz CD63KI and PM66KI

I am currently using some atabite mass loaded Mission M73i floorstanders

The speakers did suffer from being a bit boomy, but, by adding 7.5kg of atabites to each speaker has firmed up the bass

However, to me the speakers dont allow the CD/Amp to perform at their best

I would look to buy second hand and my budget is £250.00

I was thinking of Mission 751 or Mission 752's

My style of music is folk/unplugged/jazz

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently bagged a pair of KEF reference 103/4's for 200 notes on eBay, though that may have just been a lucky one-off. You might be able to get the iQ5 SE's on budget if you're lucky. If you have transport, also consider places like Gumtree if you''re also willing to go second hand. The only issue with that is auditioning, which can be vital.

matthewpiano

Exotic price or sound? They aren't necessarily the same thing. I'd happily put my Dalis up against most speakers I've heard below the price of small PMCs. Also, I note you were considering Mission 751s. I have a pair and the Zensor 3s are better in my experience.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Great. Please let me know how you like them. I'm especially interested because I too use your amp and CDP.

Currently my speakers are Mission 794s but with some material I find them a bit forward and lacking in slam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts