Suggestions for best small bookshelf speakers

monoman

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy some small bookshelf speakers that will sit either side of my 32 inch tv on a sideboard. They will be about 2-3 inches from the rear wall. I am assuming sealed units such as Cambridge Audio's S20's or front ported ones such as Kef C1's will be most suitable. I am not sure (have no experience) if putting foam bungs into rear-ported speakers will suppress the boomy-effect. I welcome your suggestions.

Preffered size no more than 30cm tall no wider than 15 cm.

Thanks

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Spendor S3/5R2, Harbeth P3esr, or Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a would be hard to beat. The other alternative, if you're a bit handy, is the LS3/5a kits you can buy from Falcon Acoustics. All based on the classic BBC design.

Ah, just saw your budget, so scrub the above.

monoman

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
BigH - thanks for your suggestion. Those speakers are rear ported though - will they sound too 'boomy'? (I will be placing the speakers about 2 inches from the rear wall)

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Spendor S3/5R2, Harbeth P3esr, or Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a would be hard to beat. The other alternative, if you're a bit handy, is the LS3/5a kits you can buy from Falcon Acoustics. All based on the classic BBC design.

Ah, just saw your budget, so scrub the above.

The above are very good speakers connsider also the MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX 1 .

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You can give a try to Kef Q100 or Usher S520. Both are front ported. I have the kef very close to the wall they sound good without any boominess.

ACE92

May 1, 2009
Visit site
How about a pair of wharfadale diamond 9.1 , you can pick them up for £100 new now and they're front ported. I like the q acoustic ranges but I'm pretty sure they're front ported. IMO port bungs do make a difference but not as much as front porting Ant

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts