Suggestion and advise pls..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everybody,

Which is the best option to get better sound quality(Musics and bly-ray movies) from my laptop when connecting to my home theatre system...

1) Hdmi

2)SPDIF- Using a digital optical cable like Qed and a toslink adapter(i couldnt find any good quality toslink to 3.5mm jack adapter if i use a adapter like this is this affect the sound quality? if so can i conncect through a cable which is having 3.5mmjack at one end and optical cable at another end if so good u pls recommened a good cable.

3)I have a musical fidelity v-dac and v-psu also,if i connect my laptop to the hometheatre system through these two will improve the sound quality more??

My home theatre system-Pioneer LX-01 dvd system which supports Dolby true hd and Dts sounds.

My laptop Asus-g74sx-which is having Nvidia Hd sound card...

Awaiting your replies..

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
As your laptop has HDMI - just use this. It will give the best possible sound. If the connection is going to be less than 3m then theres no need for an expensive cable, just make sure its certified as HDMI high speed.

On your laptop you may want to use a music program that supports ASIO or WASAPI. Google "asio/waspi + your music sofware" for more details.

A

Anonymous

:cheers:

Thank you AnotherJoe,

U gave me more valuable information and i found u r old posts regarding nearly same topic in WHF...Thank's once again..

Kind regard's

AnotherJoe said:
As your laptop has HDMI - just use this. It will give the best possible sound. If the connection is going to be less than 3m then theres no need for an expensive cable, just make sure its certified as HDMI high speed.

On your laptop you may want to use a music program that supports ASIO or WASAPI. Google "asio/waspi + your music sofware" for more details.

TRENDING THREADS