Sugden Bijou Range

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Any one have any experience with the Sugden Bijou range? I have found a deal which includes cd player, headphone amp, FM tuner, power amp and pre amp for £2250 is this a good price? Also the output of the amp seems very low (around 20 wpc i read) however the person selling is adamant it will deliver a better sound with deeper bass then my current biamped (6 power) cyrus system.

A

Anonymous

The Sugden Bijou stuff is fantastic in my opinion. Sounds wonderful and looks very solid and stylish. The only things that put me off are the price and the CDP is not up to the standard of the fabulous amplification that sugden make.

IMO it would deliver a far more enjoyable sound than any Cyrus kit I have heard, it definitely makes better music than the cyrus kit I owned (CD8 and 8 amp with PSX-R), as for deeper bass I'm not sure, but when you are enjoying the music so much you forget about matters like 'bass depth' 'soundstage' and all those hi-fi terms...

As for the power output, it is a class A amp, don't get drawn into comparing figures, compare the music! I think you would be surprised at how much energy the Sugden can put out. And how hot their amps get!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts