Sugden and Marantz

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Having been very fortunate and recently got myself a Sugden Mystro amp (breathtaking performance, thanks for asking!), I've noticed that it's remote (that doubles for the Mystro CD so far as I'm aware) also controls perfectly my old Marantz CD6000 OSE.

Now obviously this could be a frequency coincidence, but given that Sugden will buy in a certain amount of their electonics for assembly in Yorkshire is it likely that there are Marantz things in there?

If only my cheap Logik TV was as obliging when it comes to finding the remote control frequency for it that can then programe by BT Vsions Box!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Philips RC-5 remote control command set used by Marantz components is pretty widely used; for example just about every manufacturer whose players used/use Philips CD mechanisms also used RC-5.

Andrew Everard said:
The Philips RC-5 remote control command set used by Marantz components is pretty widely used; for example just about every manufacturer whose players used/use Philips CD mechanisms also used RC-5.

Yup, my old Rotel CDP remote works the drawer and plays track one - and stops - (although won't go from track to track) on the Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts