Subwoofer

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
When using a powered subwoofer. Do you turn the bass all the way down on your integrated amplifier so that the sub produces it all ?

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

The idea is to use the subwoofer to extend the range of the main speakers, so start by finding the roll off of the speakers and keep the amp wiith the bass on normally (flat).

In reality use this ^ as a starting point and play around until you get the sound you think is the best to your ears. :wave:

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Ye months later and im still playing around but still not satisfied. Every thing i do sound good lol even used hifi tuning fuses mains leads diff cables. Just dont no how to tweek EQ for the right sound. Like i said all i do sounds good but i want better ?

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Lol months later an im still tweeking. All i do sounds good but i always want better. I use hi fi tuning fuse new ac mains cable. Its just the EQ tweeks i struggle with i just dont no what sounds best cos it all sound pritty good lol ? Always fiddling around.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I might depend on how you have the sub connected, but normally, no. You'd adjust the frequency on the sub so that it picks up where your speakers roll off, which can be quite tricky. Sometime the sub may have a crossover so you can control what frequencies are handled by the sub and what are handled by your speakers, but even with such a setup, I had my speakers handling upper bass and the sub mainly filling in the frequencies that my speakers can't reach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts